Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Tweaker "universal" mono amps
Tweaker "universal" mono amps [message #11175] Sat, 30 July 2005 19:28 Go to next message
Howard is currently offline  Howard
Baron
Dear Forum.

The ally boxes are away getting powder coated.They should be ready Tuesday (charge $70) Typically I have already made a couple of mistakes. The OPT needs rotating to reduce hum. Luckily the base is square so this means one hole. I should have three speaker connections per box (one for 16ohm tap). At least one switch needs changing. Earle has been a big help guiding me with all sorts of suggestions.
I have put a wiring diagram together using VISIO and all further pictures and changes will be appearing on this producer file.

http://www.eastmarinedrive.com/contents/download/media/element_files/Default.htm

I must be a bit of a nerd! I should be able to add some home movies later

I am very keen to get going on the soldering iron but I am not that experienced and feel like I have to check everything

Have a good weekend

Howard
http://www.eastmarinedrive.com

Nerd status achieved [message #11176 is a reply to message #11175] Sun, 31 July 2005 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Nice PP presentation.

From what I remember of your earlier work, it seems you can handle a soldering iron with the best of them. You do very nice work.

If this all you screw up, you're in pretty good shape. I screwed the pooch on my top. I got in a hurry when I was drilling the holes for the tube sockets, and the drill bit wondered a bit - only a 1/4" or so. This would not have been a fatal error, but I had already drilled the holes for the mounting screws. DAMN.....Colin

GREY STAGE [message #11188 is a reply to message #11176] Fri, 12 August 2005 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howard is currently offline  Howard
Baron

Dear Colin,

Powder coated and hardware fitted.

Not far to go now!

Howard

Sweet! [message #11189 is a reply to message #11188] Sat, 13 August 2005 00:35 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's gooooood lookin'!

Previous Topic: Pull pin...
Next Topic: Chicago Audiofest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:03:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio