Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Tweaker mono amp stage two pictures
Tweaker mono amp stage two pictures [message #11168] Sat, 23 July 2005 20:19 Go to next message
Howard is currently offline  Howard
Baron

Dear Forum

My proposed mono amp boxes have been built out of a heavy grade aluminium. They are have been holed. The design size is based on the dimensions of a cardboard lid (Reflex photocopy paperbox) It had a certain symmetry? I will be using a wooden (ply) base plate which will flush fit into the base. The whole thing will be lifted about 1cm off the table by 4 stainless steel tubes. The base plate will be painted grey. The metal will be powder coated charcoal grey.

The virtual meter is back lit green. I am not including a mains on/off switch preferring the old Quad Two style of switching at the wall. I think they will both look good with Earle Weston's Gold Fleck iron

What do you think guys?

Comments please, any useful advice is most welcome

Howard

Re: Tweaker mono amp stage two pictures [message #11169 is a reply to message #11168] Sat, 23 July 2005 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Hey, I was wondering how you were coming with the amp. Looks nice. Have you wired it up yet? From what I remember of your previous work, you do very nice wiring under the chassis.

Can you repost a link to your website?......Colin

Re: Tweaker mono amp stage two pictures [message #11170 is a reply to message #11169] Sat, 23 July 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howard is currently offline  Howard
Baron
Dear Colin, Thanks for your response

The box proved to be a very slow process. Work and Work holidays (other people!) got in the way.

No wiring at yet. I will need to powder coat first then think about the wiring. I have some nice white cable but its Teflon cat will be hard to remove.

It should be worth the wait.

Howard

Re: Tweaker mono amp stage two pictures [message #11171 is a reply to message #11170] Sun, 24 July 2005 09:47 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Man, Howard, that's gonna be awesome!

Previous Topic: Fixed/cathode bias and AC
Next Topic: nice test of chokes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:29:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio