Home » Audio » General » F***ing low life car thieves
F***ing low life car thieves [message #1116] Wed, 24 November 2004 20:54 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My car got broken into last night in my front driveway. Some low life car thieves jammed the boot (trunk) lid keyhole with something and opened it up. They stole my two Soundstream 12" subwoofers in a dual subwoofer box, my Blaupunkt MPA 400 amplifier, my brand new 2.5" Lukey mandrel bent performance exhaust I just bought yesterday, and my 12V heavy duty car air compressor. All up close to $1000 in australian dollars worth of stuff stolen, plus my trunk lid lock is now buggered as a bonus.

Cant low lifes go out and work and buy thier own shit instead of stealing other peoples stuff. Really shits me off and it was parked in my driveway too. If I didnt have a chain bolted between the two posts Im sure they would have taken the car too, but you cant get out with the chain up (unless they bolt cut the lock). My car alarm also happens to be stuffed too so it must have been easy as pie for them.

I might just remove the trunk lid lock altogethor and fill up the hole and just have the lid activated via solenoid instead.

Re: F***ing low life car thieves [message #1118 is a reply to message #1116] Wed, 24 November 2004 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

That's a raw deal man. I've had similar loss's and it sucks big time.

Forget the solenoid. Its just replacing the key mechanism and just as easy to open up. I put a land mine under the trunk lid that was set to go if the trunck was opened with out de activating it. (make sure you tell the old lady eh) My friend just eltrified his car a few extra coils and he claims thats more civilized.

Re: F***ing low life car thieves [message #1119 is a reply to message #1118] Thu, 25 November 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Im pretty pissed off about it, the cops cant get anything back either...... I might go looking around hock shops in a week or two and see if my stuff has turned up anywhere for sale.

Were you being serious that your friend electrified his car? If so, how? I had the same idea today actually...

Re: F***ing low life car thieves [message #1121 is a reply to message #1119] Thu, 25 November 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Adrian,

I'm soooo sorry. I know Thanksgiving has already come and gone for you but happy Thanksgiving anyway, eh?

Man, I really need anger management or something 'cause I just get livid about stuff like that. I react just like you do in times like those. I start thinking that people like that are a waste of good oxygen and should be euthanized. I've considered connecting an ignition system to the chassis too. Drop a chain to make a ground and viola! Then the next thing you know I'm thinking about how to use more drive current, use a bigger coil, make sure it really works...

After a while, I settle down and think about it a little bit. I can't help being angry but I don't want to become dark over it. But, dude, you've had a rough year! With the car deal, your friend, and this. I'm reeeeaally sorry. You watch, in a year, you'll look back on this. You'll make lemonades out of this deal, and it will be sweeter than what you have now.

I've suffered a lot of theft too in the past couple of years too. I have two Oldsmobile Cutlass's. One is my baby, and it's garage kept so it doesn't get touched. But the other is a stock car, just a backup really. And that thing is always getting messed with. The sound system was stolen three times in the last couple of years, so I stopped replacing it. The car itself was stolen earlier this year. I was amazed that it was found, but I had to pay to get it from the impound and the steering column was destroyed and the rear lock punched in. I eventually replaced those and now have begun to use "the club" on the steering wheel. Sometimes when I think about it, I can easily revert back to my Nazi thinking of euthanizing the riff-raff of society.

But in the end, you're either a giver or a taker. Givers are happy, takers are not. It really is that simple.

Take it easy Adrian. You're a good guy and it will turn around and you'll be ten times better off in 2005.

Wayne

Re: F***ing low life car thieves [message #1122 is a reply to message #1121] Thu, 25 November 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sometimes things just suck :@

What also makes me angry is that I was going to take the exhaust out of the boot and put it in the house last night..... but I thought, ah, why should I bother? Im gonna be jacking the car up and installing it tomorow anyway, so I'll leave it in the trunk. And the bloody thing gets stolen, man I wish I put it in the house. I paid $250 for it on the same day too so it was literally brand new from the shop. For some reason they only took the front section of the exhaust and not the rear section, I suspect that they must have heard someone or a car coming down the street and nicked off before taking it. Cuz the two go togethor. Maybe I should sit out there tonight and see if they come back for the other half of the exhaust.....

I use a club lock on my steering wheel all the time. Good protection against someone stealing the car. I bought a car alarm today and am gonna install it tomorow (THIS time I am not storing it in the trunk overnight). I think getting rid of the keyhole altogethor and just open the boot via button inside the car would also help a bit... or just make them wreck the car more in attempt to open the trunk.

Perhaps its time for Autotuba now to replace my stolen 12" subs....

Three times ay..... [message #1124 is a reply to message #1121] Thu, 25 November 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Wayne

Hmmm... I dont think Thanksgiving is an Australian celebration - no one here that I know celebrates it and its not on the calender.... Im not sure exactly what thanksgiving is actually about either in the US?

Wow, your car audio gear was stolen three times... that would have to suck. Was it JBL stuff? Im glad at least my whole car wasnt stolen... the person who stole the stuff in the boot must have known I had it. I dont really play it loud going down my street but Ive tested it loudly while parked in the driveway a number of times, but havnt done that in a month of two.

Ive seen pics of yout Cutlass before, its nice. Heres my baby:

And here is what I USED to have in there.... until it was stolen:

Shown is amp/subs/exhaust... dont have a pic of the air compressor that was also stolen.

Im thinking any new subs I get will literally have to be bolted down with 1" thick bolts if its gonna stay..... the subs I had were just screwed down with brackets so it doesnt rattle but certainly not burglar proof. They just ripped the entire box out of the boot, also ripped off my ground wire to the chassis etc.

Adrian

Re: Three times ay..... [message #1125 is a reply to message #1124] Thu, 25 November 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Man, Adrian, that sucks. I'm so sorry it was stolen.

About Thanksgiving, I had Australia's customs mixed up with Canada's. Sorry about that.

Re: F***ing low life car thieves [message #1126 is a reply to message #1122] Thu, 25 November 2004 08:29 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yeah, make lemonades out of this deal! Make it a chance to build an Autotuba!

Previous Topic: Leonid Meteor Showers
Next Topic: Happy Thanksgiving to All !!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 03:18:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio