Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » 45 SE
Re: 45 SE [message #11132 is a reply to message #11131] Mon, 20 June 2005 08:45 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI John,
The klipschorn is a great design, and I don;t want to alter mine, in homage to the genius of Paul Klipsch, the ultimate DIYer!

BTW, when I say the bass on my 45s is not great, it could have been because of the Khorns, since they are old. I know the corssover needs new caps.
My triamped setup is Not the Khorns, it's a DIY rig, consisting of a hsu vtf-2 sub, a pair of stephens trusonic 80Frs in bass refles cabs (tuned to 40 Hz) and a pair of vifa tweeters (dome).
The crossovers are at 95 Hz, and at 3200 Hz. The 45Se Amp drives the trusonics.

believe me, I LOVe the sound of the SET amps. My 45 Se amp delivers a level of realism and transparency that satisfies me completely. I don;t care what it is, the old fashioned AC heated DHT (like my 45, or a 300 b or a 2a3) offers somethng that is unique. The power supply on my 45 is already quite good (Pi filtered with a choke) , though the power tranny is a bit weak I think (it's a NOS stancor, but not overbuilt).

Good feedback on the JBL movie speakers: I thought they would be good value, but yours is the first review I have seen of it. I hope people consider these, becuase JBL certainly knows how to engineer speakers.

Hey, what do you think about these tripath chip amps? My Khorns sounded pretty good with those.
-akhilesh
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Hmmm,,,,,45 or 300B.......45 or 300B......45 or 300B........
Next Topic: Audio Note Kit One cheesecake foto:
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:26:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout