Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » SEX
SEX [message #10723] Sat, 11 September 2004 13:10 Go to next message
Don Appleby is currently offline  Don Appleby
Esquire
That caught your attention didn't it? Must be why Bottlehead chose names like that for their products.

Have any of you tried out their new budget amp kit yet?

Re: SEX [message #10724 is a reply to message #10723] Sat, 11 September 2004 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Mine's on order. I don't think they have shipped any yet - still waiting for parts I believe.....Colin

Quick question, colin [message #10725 is a reply to message #10724] Sat, 11 September 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Did you have to pay up front? or on delivery? bJust curious.
thanx
-akhilesh

Re: Quick question, colin [message #10726 is a reply to message #10725] Sun, 12 September 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Doc's policy is pay up front on everything.....Colin

Re: Quick question, colin [message #10727 is a reply to message #10726] Mon, 13 September 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks, Colin. Do let us know how it turns out!
-akhilesh

Re: SEX [message #11109 is a reply to message #10723] Thu, 09 June 2005 12:16 Go to previous message
Mizzou81 is currently offline  Mizzou81
Esquire
The new and improved SEX amp has been out since Xmas when the 1st run was delivered. I got mine in the 2nd run in March. Paid up front like everyone else....actually helps Doc keep the prices reasonable. This was the 1st Kit I have ever built....the instructions were so clear that it was virtually impossible to make a mistake. Instructions are like a checklist and there is vitually a close-up picture detailing the construction of every step (Doc is also an avid photographer...so image a crisp & sharp). It is only after you are finished with the Kit do you appreciate his shear genious in the efficiency of layout and clean audiopath. Keep in mind it is a 3 watt integrated amplifier ....he does offer pre-amps & Monoblocks with more wattage. Watch his forum awhile and you will appreciate the hugh support system within the Bottlehead community. Hard to go wrong with this inexpensive, great sounding, and easy to build vacuum tube amplifier.

Previous Topic: Fostex 206 in custom cabinets, weak bass, please help!
Next Topic: Power Supply suggestions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:49:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout