Home » Audio » General » Sherri; Whats the scoop betty boop?
Sherri; Whats the scoop betty boop? [message #1042] Sat, 30 October 2004 07:02 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
We need our ART. Just standing there looking good does'nt cut the mustard, we need our ART fix on a daily basis. J.R.

New Datacenter [message #1043 is a reply to message #1042] Sat, 30 October 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator
We moved our server to a new datacenter. The old one wasn't meeting our expectations.

Re: New Datacenter [message #1046 is a reply to message #1043] Sat, 30 October 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks.

Well, sheesh, [message #1053 is a reply to message #1043] Sun, 31 October 2004 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poindexter is currently offline  Poindexter
Viscount
Provide a refresh to the new one. I thought the BBS had gone the way of the dinosaurs (and hopefully the way of the shrubbery, come Tuesday). I just found my way back here by going to PiSpeakers, and punching 'Forum'.

You want the HTML4 code for the refresh, post me.

Relieved Poinz

It's Halloween! [message #1054 is a reply to message #1053] Sun, 31 October 2004 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator
The move made for a Halloween fright!

Seriously, when a server is moved, DNS entries in every nameserver on the internet must be updated. Some refresh pretty often but some are slow. This was actually a pretty fast propogation, and most people could access the new server in just a couple of hours. Some nameservers were slower, and that is what delays access to the new site for some people.

We could have used a technique called virtual redirection where a single system is "parked" on an address. The redirection system points first to the old system and then when the new one is made ready, the redirector switch is made. The switch is made in a single system instead of depending on all the individual domain name servers to be in sync (which they never are). That would prevent outages during the transition period where DNS propogates through the internet.

Moves are pretty rare, and there probably will be no need for another system. If not, then there is no need for a parked virtual redirection system. That's why we just basically pulled the plug on the old system, and reconnected the new as fast as possible. It's depending on the DNS to sync up that's the nail-biter.

WebGeekSpeak: [message #1056 is a reply to message #1054] Sun, 31 October 2004 21:00 Go to previous message
Poindexter is currently offline  Poindexter
Viscount
Okay, but just give me a URL I can point my browser to, and get here.

Yer admirer,

Poinz

Previous Topic: Did everyone set their clocks back?
Next Topic: Adding to the system!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:31:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout