Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Transcendent Audio
Transcendent Audio [message #10018] Sat, 01 December 2007 15:04 Go to next message
Gilipsie is currently offline  Gilipsie
Viscount
Anyone on this board have experience with Transcendent Sound amps? Looking for feedback on sound quality, build construction, etc.

Re: Transcendent Audio [message #10019 is a reply to message #10018] Sat, 01 December 2007 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I've drooled over those amps for years. Everything I've ever read about them has been positive. The kits are inexpensice enough, but I just never found the time.....C

Re: Transcendent Audio [message #10020 is a reply to message #10019] Sun, 02 December 2007 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
They do look nice and you're right about the price. I am thinking about trying one out but thought I'd ask if anyone here had one first.

Re: Transcendent Audio [message #10021 is a reply to message #10018] Sun, 02 December 2007 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BarryS is currently offline  BarryS
Esquire
I've put together the grounded grid preamp from scratch. It went together with cheap parts and is excellent sounding. It got better when the cheap $2 volume pot was replace with a stepped attenuator.

The success of the preamp project lead me to purchase the Transcendent T-16 monoblocks. The kits were pretty easy to put together even though they took a bit of time to build. They worked when turned on and have been reliable as all get out for the 3+ years.

I like the way they sound ... sort of a cross between the clarity of solid state with a touch of tube magic. Nice stuff. It is the type of sound that you can listen to for hours.

Re: Transcendent Audio [message #10022 is a reply to message #10021] Mon, 03 December 2007 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Thank you for writing. Good to hear.

Do you know if they will be at Lone Star Audiofest? It's just a few months away.

Re: Transcendent Audio [message #10023 is a reply to message #10022] Mon, 03 December 2007 08:46 Go to previous message
BarryS is currently offline  BarryS
Esquire
They probably won't be at the show. I can't remember hearing about Transcendent doing a show in the past and they've never been to the Tulsa/Dallas gathering.

Even if Transcendent won't be at the Lone Star Fest you'd have a great time and learn a lot if you went there. There are always some excellent sounding rooms and the folks at the show are just plain nice.

If you are near the Philly area I'd be happy to setup some sort of listening night. You'd have to put up with all the other audio loonies in the area ... but it makes for an entertaining evening.

Previous Topic: Vintage Kingston Amp
Next Topic: Goodwill Amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:36:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout