Home » Audio » Radio » C B Radios
C B Radios [message #87372] Mon, 05 March 2018 06:36 Go to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Do you think the time is nearing when they will be considered antiques? I have a Trucker's Facebook feed into my Facebook page, and new drivers ask ths type of question a lot. I figure if there is this concern in the trucking field, then maybe there is some truth to it.

What do you think?
Re: C B Radios [message #87378 is a reply to message #87372] Tue, 06 March 2018 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SpeakUp is currently offline  SpeakUp
Chancellor
First off, I love the idea of following a trucker's feed on Facebook. Are you following a specific page or group? Secondly, I don't think they're on their way to being antiques. They're still commonly used by truck drivers. I've looked around at different trucking forums, such as this one, and it seems like they're all in favor of keeping CB radios around. It's also still pretty popular as a hobby, but I don't think that keeps it from being qualified as an antique.

What do you think?
Re: C B Radios [message #87385 is a reply to message #87372] Tue, 06 March 2018 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Unless they become prohibited by law or such, I figure they will be around for a long time. All other inexpensive radio type systems are either costly or limited in usage to others that have the same system/frequency. Cell phones do not have the capability of the CB radio to reach unknown nearby potential listeners. For a while such capability did exist. Nextel had walkie-talkie functions on some phones (I have one made by Motorola that is about 10 years old). As far as I know there is no system that now supports this type of communication.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: C B Radios [message #87400 is a reply to message #87372] Thu, 08 March 2018 14:31 Go to previous message
SpeakUp is currently offline  SpeakUp
Chancellor
Ah, man, I remember back in the day when I had walkie-talkie capabilities on my phone. I'm assuming you're talking about the push-to-talk function? I think some phones still have that capability. I've read there are apps for it out there but I'm not sure how well they work.
Previous Topic: Spotting antiques
Next Topic: Favorite iHeartRadio stations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:24:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout