Home » Audio » Radio » Podcast recommendations for young kids
Podcast recommendations for young kids [message #86402] Fri, 27 October 2017 15:17 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I'm looking for podcast recommendations for young kids that resemble the old story times of days ago. Something like "Little Orphan Annie's" radio show.
Re: Podcast recommendations for young kids [message #86622 is a reply to message #86402] Wed, 22 November 2017 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charlie82 is currently offline  Charlie82
Baron
If by like "Little Orphan Annie" you meant exactly like "Little Orphan Annie" they do have a retro podcast of the original series: http://retro-otr.com/channel/juvenile/little-orphan-annie/

Understandably, it'd be a little outdated, but there might be other podcasts on that site that might fit the bill.
Re: Podcast recommendations for young kids [message #86665 is a reply to message #86402] Mon, 27 November 2017 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pique is currently offline  Pique
Baron
I read an article recently by Common Sense Media and they had a list of the top 20 recommended podcasts for kids (some of which are created by kids!) My favorite for my 7-year-old is the bi-weekly Book Club for kids.
Re: Podcast recommendations for young kids [message #86694 is a reply to message #86665] Sun, 03 December 2017 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Thank you both for the suggestions. Charlie, I meant "like" as in "similar to". Basically, a fictional story that continues every week rather than a one off. I should have explained my request much more clearly, but the link you posted lead me to tons of great podcasts so thank you for that.

Pique, I found the article you mentioned and you're right, it's a great resource. Thanks for sharing it!
Re: Podcast recommendations for young kids [message #86714 is a reply to message #86402] Wed, 06 December 2017 11:09 Go to previous message
funkymusic is currently offline  funkymusic
Baron
I don't know how old your kids are, but my friend has a six and seven year old (girl and boy respectively) who enjoy the podcast "Eleanor Amplified" by WHYY. You can read more about it here!
Previous Topic: What you miss
Next Topic: Which kit to convert analog to digital?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:06:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio