Home » Audio » Radio » Small, Out Of The Way Stations
Small, Out Of The Way Stations [message #85994] Wed, 30 August 2017 11:30 Go to next message
decibel 12 is currently offline  decibel 12
Baron
I was driving home the other night and was attempting to turn my radio off. Instead, I accidentally changed the setting of a radio station from 100.7 to 100.9. The location I was in allowed me to pick up a radio station from the Indian Reservation I was passing through. It is a very small and little known tribe so the station itself was a gem of a find.

They play just about every kind of music you can imagine, including native music, and even read a story tailored to the young-uns at a certain time of night.

I love it when that happens. Finding an out-of-the-way station like that when you're not even looking for it. Razz
Re: Small, Out Of The Way Stations [message #85995 is a reply to message #85994] Wed, 30 August 2017 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I agree. College stations are sometimes like that. Depends on if the staff are passionate or just goof-offs. Also, some little towns have cool local stuff going on. Again, I think it's a personalities thing - if someone or a couple of people at the station are "into it" it creates a great local culture thing. Otherwise, it's just another robo-station.

Re: Small, Out Of The Way Stations [message #86105 is a reply to message #85994] Tue, 12 September 2017 23:14 Go to previous message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
Happens to me at times when driving out of the city, and you get the feeling that indeed there are people out there with a clear intention of giving meaning to radio. The more popular radio stations are mainly full of advertisements.
Previous Topic: Online radio
Next Topic: Car radio reception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:35:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout