Home » Audio » Speaker » Speakers with inbuilt lights?
Speakers with inbuilt lights? [message #84615] Wed, 22 February 2017 02:36 Go to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
Speakers with inbuilt lights to produce co-ordinating displays with the music have been appearing for a while. What I haven't seen are any that allow the light display to be turned off while music is playing (e.g. if I am watching a film, I don't want flourescent lights in the background). Do you think this type of speaker is a good idea, or an expensive toy that would get irritating quickly?
Re: Speakers with inbuilt lights? [message #84617 is a reply to message #84615] Wed, 22 February 2017 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Too gimmicky. Look for a speaker that sounds good. Extra points if the manufacturer publishes specifications that prove flat response, uniform directivity, and low distortion.

Re: Speakers with inbuilt lights? [message #84618 is a reply to message #84617] Wed, 22 February 2017 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I agree with Wayne. You can get external devices that will do a light show if that is what you desire. I have noticed several types. Most use LEDs and an audio controller. Some need to attach to the speaker and some have built in audio pick ups.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Speakers with inbuilt lights? [message #84682 is a reply to message #84615] Mon, 06 March 2017 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
I think that those kind of speakers are great for a bar or night club, but not for anything else because I can see how someone could get irritated with them after a while - especially if they're sober!
Re: Speakers with inbuilt lights? [message #84730 is a reply to message #84615] Fri, 10 March 2017 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hylo
Baron
It would drive me mad! Outside a club, there are really limited places where neon and flashing LEDs work, and there are some types of music it just doesn't go with at all.
Re: Speakers with inbuilt lights? [message #85096 is a reply to message #84615] Mon, 01 May 2017 23:25 Go to previous message
Caitlan is currently offline  Caitlan
Baron
Wow, I hadn't heard of or seen these speakers before. Like a bunch of the people above me who replied, I imagine that this is really a gimmicky item and isn't a necessity unless maybe you run a club or something.
Previous Topic: Best sound quality
Next Topic: Damaged speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:28:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout