Home » xyzzy » Tower » I am not good around new people
I am not good around new people [message #84549] Fri, 10 February 2017 14:45 Go to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
We once went for a birthday party with my younger sibling. Throughout the entire time, I muttered no single word since I am not always good company around new people. What type of personality does this description address?
Re: I am not good around new people [message #84565 is a reply to message #84549] Sun, 12 February 2017 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
You are anything but a sanguine. I am also like this but I am always open to making new friends. I love to study whatever environment I am in before getting into my true element and at times it can take me quite a long time to get used to people.
Re: I am not good around new people [message #84568 is a reply to message #84549] Sun, 12 February 2017 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
You're an introvert. Google "Jung's personality types" and you'll get a more detailed description of all of them. I think there's eight total, but I could be wrong.
Re: I am not good around new people [message #84631 is a reply to message #84549] Fri, 24 February 2017 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
I think that if you're not good around other people then it just shows that you haven't gotten to know yourself very well because we should be comfortable meeting and greeting other people. Try a course in gaining self confidence or raising your self esteem.
Re: I am not good around new people [message #84632 is a reply to message #84549] Fri, 24 February 2017 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cortney is currently offline  Cortney
Viscount
I agree that raising your self awareness is the quickest way to get you socializing and to let go of any anxiety that you may harbor when in such situations.
Re: I am not good around new people [message #84653 is a reply to message #84549] Thu, 02 March 2017 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vernon is currently offline  Vernon
Baron
A lot of us aren't good around new people up to a certain point. But you do have to have the confidence to know that you can deal with such situations when they do arise. It will help you navigate them better in the future.
Re: I am not good around new people [message #84752 is a reply to message #84631] Sun, 12 March 2017 14:30 Go to previous message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
Ssal wrote on Fri, 24 February 2017 16:42
I think that if you're not good around other people then it just shows that you haven't gotten to know yourself very well because we should be comfortable meeting and greeting other people. Try a course in gaining self confidence or raising your self esteem.

Far from it; it has nothing to do with self esteem. It is more of a personality trait than any other thing. I have never been good at making friends at the first instance plus I realized that there are quite a number of people like me.
Previous Topic: Anyone still keep a diary?
Next Topic: Pre-Programmed Tweets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:58:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout