Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Welbornes DRD is a very high quality kit
Welbornes DRD is a very high quality kit [message #11160] Sun, 17 July 2005 18:34 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Slowly taking shape:

The chassis is really well done and ships with the caps and chokes pre-installed, obviosly done before the glue-up. A nice touch.

Comparing it to the Audio Note and more importantly to the Yamamoto is going to be interesting.

Re: Welbornes DRD is a very high quality kit [message #11161 is a reply to message #11160] Sun, 17 July 2005 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Excellent! Very interesting, Bill. I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Re: Welbornes DRD is a very high quality kit [message #11162 is a reply to message #11160] Mon, 18 July 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Chleapas is currently offline  John Chleapas
Baron
I own the ultimate versions of Rons' 300b DRD, and 45 DRD mono blocks. The 45 mono blocks took a very long time to break in completely. they always sounded really good from the start for many months, then one day as Emeril says "BAM!." It opened up and it was like listening to different amplifier. The sound really opened up and it became almost 3-d with the voices and the sound stage got much w-i-d-e-r. These amps do not look nearly as good in pictures as they do up close in person. I like Cunningham 245 tubes the best in my 45 DRD amps. I want to try a pair of WE 300b when I have the loot to spend for those $$$$ tubes. Good luck with your amp! John

Re: Welbornes DRD is a very high quality kit [message #11213 is a reply to message #11160] Wed, 28 September 2005 14:47 Go to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bill,
You know those DRD45 amps will have to be very good to take on the Yamamoto 45 amp. But then again, you have heard my system!
Ron

Previous Topic: Coupling cap rec.
Next Topic: Low gain linestage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:02:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers