Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Octave Jubilee Monoblocks Review
Octave Jubilee Monoblocks Review [message #76925] Mon, 03 June 2013 06:07 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I just read an absolute panegyric to the Octave Jubilee Monoblock amplifiers. I have to admit, the review made me want to listen to them, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.
Re: Octave Jubilee Monoblocks Review [message #76927 is a reply to message #76925] Mon, 03 June 2013 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow, that amp looks nice! But it's a bit spendy, isn't it?

Have you looked at OddWatt or Audio Note kits? They're much more reasonably priced. And Raven Audio makes some really nice amplifiers too.

Re: Octave Jubilee Monoblocks Review [message #76936 is a reply to message #76927] Mon, 03 June 2013 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Nice for sure, but then in many parts of the country you can buy a house for that price. Myself...I'll pass and spend a bit less on audio and be sure to have a roof over my head.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Octave Jubilee Monoblocks Review [message #77151 is a reply to message #76925] Mon, 08 July 2013 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Um, yes, $67,500 per pair is well over what I'd spend. I couldn't get a house for that price here but I could get a nice condo.

I know audiophiles are known for spending, but I just can't get behind paying so much tube amps, no matter how good they are.
Re: Octave Jubilee Monoblocks Review [message #77480 is a reply to message #76927] Mon, 12 August 2013 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Wayne Parham wrote on Mon, 03 June 2013 08:08

Wow, that amp looks nice! But it's a bit spendy, isn't it?

Have you looked at OddWatt or Audio Note kits? They're much more reasonably priced. And Raven Audio makes some really nice amplifiers too.

Yes, it's very spendy, which is why I figure I won't have an opportunity to listen. Razz I just like to read reviews sometimes.

I haven't checked out the other amps you mentioned, but thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them.
Re: Octave Jubilee Monoblocks Review [message #77570 is a reply to message #76925] Thu, 22 August 2013 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
If it can do njustice to a Jeff Beck live performance, then it's good. This is one of those "machines" I would want when I retire and listen to nothing but jazz.
Re: Octave Jubilee Monoblocks Review [message #78005 is a reply to message #76925] Thu, 03 October 2013 07:01 Go to previous message
blackrose is currently offline  blackrose
Esquire
Many parts of the country you can buy a house for that price. Myself...I'll pass and spend a bit less on audio and be sure to have a roof over my head.

GuL
Previous Topic: Tube Burner
Next Topic: Amps for Christmas?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:27:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers