Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2012
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72589 is a reply to message #72571] Mon, 07 May 2012 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are a bunch of pics that weren't posted but they're all in this directory:
Have a little fun - Do "Where's Dave Slagle" and find him in all the pics you can. There's even one special one where someone accused him of being an audiophile. See if you can find that one.

Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72606 is a reply to message #72589] Mon, 07 May 2012 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
russman is currently offline  russman
Chancellor
I didn't get to do all the videos I wanted to do, but if you search 'Lone Star Audio Fest 2012' on you tube, you will find Polk, Pi, Stereo Clarity, Audio Fred, and Raven videos.
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72611 is a reply to message #72606] Mon, 07 May 2012 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's awesome, Russ, thanks!

Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72615 is a reply to message #69582] Tue, 08 May 2012 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seijinaudio
Esquire
Hello Everyone!

I want to show my gratitude for the hospitality shown to me while at the show and I had a great time.

Since I was flying solo I was trapped in the room and didn't have the chance to get around to everyone and introduce myself. I apologize to those who I rooms I did not get to visit.

I really enjoyed the vibe and I met a lot of really good people. Look forward to make the transition to Austin soon and making another go around next year. Very Happy

-Joshua

Best Regards.

Joshua Masongsong - Owner

801-837-0111 Main / 801-803-2757 Cell / jmasongsong@seijinaudio.com Email / www.seijinaudio.com

Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72647 is a reply to message #72615] Wed, 09 May 2012 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, We (Oddwatt) had a great time. Listened to some cool music, saw some super gear and met lots of really nice folks. It seemed to me that this year the questions from the guests were more sophisticated than last year and more of the folks were serious about quality music reproduction. Very encouraging. I want to thank all the people behind the scenes that made the event possible and especially Steven for his hard work and while we didn't use them bringing extra speakers for us Smile

I'm already thinking about next year. Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #72904 is a reply to message #69582] Sun, 03 June 2012 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator

There are new links on the LoneStarAudiofest.com website for coverage from various eZines and messageboards. Check them out:
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #74099 is a reply to message #72904] Tue, 09 October 2012 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, I'm getting ready to go to RMAF and it just dawned on me....what ever happened to the awards from LSAF? Anyone ever get theirs? Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #74100 is a reply to message #74099] Tue, 09 October 2012 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You and I were "winners", as I understand. Cheers!

Dave Thompson at Raven Audio is actually who put that together, and he seems to have fallen off the edge of the Earth. Last few times I emailed him about the awards, I got no reply. So I think the whole thing was a dud. Sorry to all that were told they were winners, but never got their awards.

We'll not be allowing this sort of thing to happen again in the future, by the way. No more "awards". It just tends to sour the milk, for a lot of reasons. LSAF is a show to sit down and listen, meet friends and have a nice time. It isn't about trophies. The awards we get are the smiles on each of our faces.

I'm sure Dave had the best of intentions, but it didn't work out. Ultimately, I think it is a really bad idea for any exhibitor(s) to sponsor awards like that. I am really sorry we allowed them to bring that into LSAF.

Re: LSAF 2012 [message #74101 is a reply to message #74100] Tue, 09 October 2012 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I don't know that awards or free raffles are necessarily a bad thing. The one time I went to RMAF there was a lot of that going on, but with most of them they were giving them away there, not a promise for receiving something in the future. I really wanted to win the Von Schweikert V33's!

Hmmm, I seem to remember winning a T-shirt for naming a certain phono stage that I never received Laughing Although I'd take a free preamp kit in its place Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Re: LSAF 2012 [message #74102 is a reply to message #74101] Tue, 09 October 2012 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't mind the gift givaways, like we did in the lobby. Those are fun and easy enough to do. There is no chance of tomfoolery when you just draw names from a box. So giveaways, lotteries, all that kind of stuff is most welcome at LSAF.

It's the exhibitor "best of show" awards that I have a problem with. That kind of thing makes the show become a competition. I think it polarizes everyone, and takes the camaraderie out of it.

Not only that, but unless it's judged by the guests, then you have to find "formal judges", which really cannot be unbiased. The audiophile business is a niche industry and it's way too small to have a large enough pool that's unbiased. Everybody is in one camp or another.

Because of that, and because the award winners were contacted but no awards presented, I am pretty strongly biased against any future "best of show" awards at LSAF.

Previous Topic: Speakers in the Odd Watt room?
Next Topic: LSAF 2013
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:50:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout