Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2011
Re: LSAF 2011 [message #67759 is a reply to message #67758] Fri, 20 May 2011 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I didn't get the chance to get around much. Regrettably, I usually can't visit the rooms as much as I'd like at these shows because I'm busy manning my own room. However, I did go to dinner Saturday with everyone and found myself back at the Found Audio room afterwards, so I got a chance to check it out. It's handbuilt stuff, nicely done.

There were a couple systems setup. One was a small bedroom system with single driver speakers that were very detailed. The other was a larger system with an incredible turntable. It sounded really great but was limited by the speakers, in my opinion. Next year, he'll have to get different speakers because the rest of the system was fantastic. You have to see and hear the amps and turntable sometime.

Re: LSAF 2011 [message #67761 is a reply to message #67759] Fri, 20 May 2011 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Shane, Thanks for the kind words. I fully understand the cost of youngsters. Funny thing is they never seem to go away. Rolling Eyes Both of my daughters have moved back to the same town I live in now. Kind of nice though as one has two really cute daughters herself. BTW they both like music. Very Happy

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2011 [message #67762 is a reply to message #67761] Fri, 20 May 2011 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I second the vote for Bruce's OddWatt amps. Great sound, great bargain. I was quite impressed. Check 'em out.

Remember the Stoetkits, anyone? These are even better, no kidding.

Another must is Uriah's Lighter Note. That thing is freaking awesome. Not only is it dead black quiet, but now it has a multi-input switcher and groovy-cool remote.

I don't normally post personal opinions of other people's rooms or gear. But I have to bend the rules for those guys, 'cause you just gotta know - Put them on your short list of things to look into. For sure.

Late Sunday at LSAF 2011 [message #67784 is a reply to message #67759] Sun, 22 May 2011 08:50 Go to previous message
CAspeakerman is currently offline  CAspeakerman
Esquire
Very fortunate to be able to spend some time Sunday afternoon-evening in the Found Music suite with Scott & Brenda! Scott was very gracious with his time and vinyl collection. I continue to be amazed at how much a 1 watt SET with a good vinyl source can offer. Hope to see Found Music again next year!! Very Happy
Previous Topic: It came and went already?
Next Topic: Speakers in the Odd Watt room?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:08:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio