Home » Audio » Radio » Grease Man
Grease Man [message #66443] Wed, 02 March 2011 17:35 Go to next message
Scoot is currently offline  Scoot
Baron
Has anyone ever heard of the Grease Man? He used to have a morning show in the DC area in the 1980's. He definitely pushed the limits of acceptable radio, but was hilarious to listen to.
Re: Grease Man [message #66473 is a reply to message #66443] Thu, 03 March 2011 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
I don't think I've heard of him before. Is he comparable to Howard Stern. If so, that's someone I would definitely be interested in listening to. I really enjoy people who push boundaries a bit. It makes life more exciting in my opinion.
Re: Grease Man [message #66523 is a reply to message #66473] Sun, 06 March 2011 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scoot is currently offline  Scoot
Baron
He is very much like Howard Stern, but he has his own style. He was very very popular in DC and then was asked to go national. I never heard from him again.
Re: Grease Man [message #66662 is a reply to message #66523] Tue, 15 March 2011 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RadioDinosaur is currently offline  RadioDinosaur
Chancellor
The Grease man, if it's the same guy, was doing mornings in the Hartford Connecticut market in the mid 70's. This was back when AM radio was cool. He was on an AM station. He was strange sounding but not risque at that time.
Re: Grease Man [message #67073 is a reply to message #66662] Sat, 16 April 2011 07:53 Go to previous message
Wuzajock is currently offline  Wuzajock
Chancellor
Yep, I remember him. Also, Howard Stern worked the Hartford radio market around late 70's . I remember he worked at a real dive radio station called "Triple C". He was unknown then, but what a rough place to get started in. Laughing
Previous Topic: Howard Stern
Next Topic: Anything good on really late at night?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:57:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio