Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming?
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67247 is a reply to message #65160] Wed, 27 April 2011 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, Oddwatt Audio is coming. Full line of kits (built so you can hear them). I hope to have the prototype push-pull Class A U/L KT120 amps there as well. Smile

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67288 is a reply to message #67214] Fri, 29 April 2011 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
AudioFred wrote on Mon, 25 April 2011 12:25
I plan to be in the AudioKinesis room at 3:00 PM on Friday, May 13th, when Duke reveals his "secret weapon".

Thanks, Fred! See you then!!

Wayne Parham wrote on Mon, 25 April 2011 18:40
All my stuff stays the same, my loudspeaker line is like a zillion years old. I mean, I wouldn't change anything but still...

Hmmm... seems to me we've seen the magnificent 7Pi evolve, even though yours truly couldn't imagine there being room for improvement that fateful day when I walked into your room at the Midwest Audio Fest, many moons ago. Anyway by the time I came along you already had a full-fledged lineup, covering a wide variety of price ranges and room situations, and even grades of parts quality within each model!

The secret weapon is something that I think can work with other speakers as well, and you'll probably get the whole concept soon as you see it. And it may well be nothing new to you.

But in the meantime, I'm enjoying the drama and suspense...

Shane wrote on Mon, 25 April 2011 16:31
Muhahahahaaaaa.

My thoughts exactly!
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67289 is a reply to message #67288] Fri, 29 April 2011 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Duke wrote on Fri, 29 April 2011 06:09
Hmmm... seems to me we've seen the magnificent 7Pi evolve, even though yours truly couldn't imagine there being room for improvement that fateful day when I walked into your room at the Midwest Audio Fest, many moons ago. Anyway by the time I came along you already had a full-fledged lineup, covering a wide variety of price ranges and room situations, and even grades of parts quality within each model!

Well, that's true. There has been some incremental improvement of some models, evolution over the years, mostly in the constant directivity cornerhorn's midrange section. But now that I think about it, it has been seven or eight years since the last update on that model. I've incorporated new drivers as they've come along, like the AE midwoofer option for the three π speaker a couple years ago. So you're right - I'll do incremental improvements when I think they add value.

At any rate, I'm eager to see you at LSAF in a few weeks! Good to see you here on ART as well.

Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67326 is a reply to message #65160] Sat, 30 April 2011 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, It seems that the KT120 Mono Blocks will be coming with the rest of the Oddwatt Audio stuff. Just got them up and running a few hours ago. (see photo... the 12AX7 is dwarfed by everything else) Even with zero time tubes they are quite good. Powerful Grin , same sound signature as all the other Oddwatts. Maybe that sound is just what Push-Pull U/L class A amps sound like... don't know. See you there.

index.php?t=getfile&id=376&private=0

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67333 is a reply to message #67326] Sat, 30 April 2011 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sweeet!

Can't wait to hear 'em! ...See you soon.

Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67345 is a reply to message #67333] Sun, 01 May 2011 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator

New photos are posted on the LSAF website. Check it out!

Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67407 is a reply to message #65160] Tue, 03 May 2011 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Got a note from Jim Harrell of Jumping Cactus Loudspeakers and he unfortunately won't be able to come this due to work. Jim has been a standby for many years and will be missed.
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67533 is a reply to message #65160] Tue, 10 May 2011 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
russman is currently offline  russman
Chancellor
Do we have a count on how many rooms we will actually have running? I'm terribly excited to be 'back' in the mix, and I know with Bob, Wayne, Fred, and others, including new additions will make it the best day of audio for me so far this year.

That being said, it seems like a cloud is looming, just tell me we aren't going to have just ten or so, albiet kick ass, rooms. I by no means want to see LSAF loose it's charm, but I just don't see anyone REALLY talking about it, other than a few of us.

No Gary, No Danny - when the local boys can't show up, that scares me (I understand why they can't completely) - but it does make me a little queezy.

I've probably got about 60 people committed to coming, including Colleen Cardas and Marc Phillips, among others - I want it to be a success!

Cheers,
Russs
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67534 is a reply to message #67533] Tue, 10 May 2011 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I never have a count until the weekend, as we all check in. We just don't know who will be here until they show. It's a result of the fact that nobody is collecting all the money. It's all between the hotel and the exhibitors.

However, I think the exhibitors list on the LSAF website is pretty accurate. I've heard from most of them directly. We always have a little trouble maintaining the exhibitors list because some people say they'll show and then don't, others don't announce they'll be there until too late to include them in the list. But the ones that are listed right now are people that are pretty committed to being at LSAF this year.

We may need to start a stricter policy on requirements for listing people as exhibitors on the LSAF website. We've always been pretty loosey-goosey on this matter in the past. If someone says they'll be there, we post their pics and logo. Maybe we shouldn't be so nonchalant about it.

Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67535 is a reply to message #67534] Tue, 10 May 2011 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Whoever's got access to the Embassy group page should be able to see who has booked a room already. Typically most all those booked already will be there. That will give everyone a fairly reliable guess to the number of exhibitors.
Previous Topic: New TO LSAF - Question
Next Topic: Saturday Night Group Dinner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:29:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout