Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2010
Help Needed at LSAF [message #62426 is a reply to message #62384] Wed, 28 April 2010 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

First, let me take a minute to thank Shane Moore for the enormous amount of help he's given all of us, keeping LSAF organized, contacting people, etc. And also to Fred Thompson for working with the forums, acting as another liason for LSAF. Another pat on the back for Norris Wilson for his help and support. Thanks to all of you that have given your time and energy to make LSAF so much fun every year.

Now I have to ask for help again. Can someone, one of the ART regulars perhaps, go to each room and take photos or people and equipment? We also need to ask the person running each room for some basic information, like the brand and model number of each piece of equipment displayed, and the names of the people manning the rooms.

We've always maintained an archive of photos on the LSAF website from each year's show. The audio press comes and covers the show too, and that is always most welcome. But I like to have photos for the LSAF website, to make a thread here on ART with mentions of each room. This provides a place for all of you to make comments about what you saw and heard. With pictures uploaded on the LSAF website, we'll be able to easily reference them in our posts here and in all other forums on the web.

Some years, I've taken the photos and gathered model/brand information. Other years, Shane has done it. This year, Shane can't and it's really hard for me to do it too, because I have to man the π Speakers room. My son and a friend were going to do it, but they cannot. So we really need someone to take pictures and gather information.

I can provide a camera if someone can commit to being there on Saturday, and who is comfortable getting pictures and making notes, asking the exhibitors for their names and equipment brands and model numbers. Please contact me at info@lonestaraudiofest.com if you're interested.

Re: Help Needed at LSAF [message #62427 is a reply to message #62426] Wed, 28 April 2010 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Wayne, thanks for the kind words.

I will be there Sat., but not until noon or so as I'm driving in that morning, and as someone who's taken pics there before, you really want to do it as early in the morning as you can before there are a lot of people in the rooms. In fact, if a person could take most of them Friday it's even better. I will be taking a few pics as I go through the rooms, but I will probably be going quickly and not have time to really take good pics that will do the equipment justice. Of course once I get them organized you're most welcome to use what will work. I like to make sure that everything is as crisp and well lit as I can get. I'm no pro for sure, but personally, I don't want to see a bunch of cell phone pics or such (you know the blurry, dark, what the heck is this a pic of ones)as I don't think it advertises the show well.
Notice to LSAF latecomers [message #62583 is a reply to message #62427] Mon, 10 May 2010 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I just heard that the LSAF block of rooms is FULL. We knew the group rate was only good until April 30th, so this is to be expected. I don't think the hotel is full, so you can probably still get a room, just not at the LSAF group rate. Still, if you haven't made your reservation, do so NOW because they're filling up quick!

Re: Notice to LSAF latecomers [message #62602 is a reply to message #62583] Tue, 11 May 2010 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

A few rooms are still available, but the price has increased...

...update - the hotel is completely full.

Re: Time to go to LSAF! [message #62628 is a reply to message #62602] Wed, 12 May 2010 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'm going to try and leave by 5 am Sat morning. We'll see how that goes, though.
Re: Time to go to LSAF! [message #62631 is a reply to message #62628] Wed, 12 May 2010 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yikes! That's early! Looking forward to seeing you though!

LSAF - Room Inventory [message #62642 is a reply to message #62631] Thu, 13 May 2010 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

OK, just got here and I'm in room 230. Let's keep a list of everyone and what room they're in. We can put it on the first page of this thread and make sure the same info gets over on AudioCircle as well.

If you want to be added to the list, send your room number to me at info@lonestaraudiofest.com or just stop by room 230 and see me.

Re: LSAF - Room Inventory [message #62643 is a reply to message #62642] Thu, 13 May 2010 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Glad to see you made it OK, Wayne. Man I wish I was coming down tomorrow!!!! Maybe I could sleep in my car Laughing
Re: LSAF - Room Inventory [message #62644 is a reply to message #62643] Thu, 13 May 2010 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If you want, you can sleep in the front room at my place. Otherwise, I'll see you Saturday.

Also, let's edit your first page of this thread to keep track of exhibitors' rooms. I've seen Bob Spence and John Busch, so I have their room numbers. I've started it, but if you catch news of people I haven't, add 'em. You know how crazy it gets...

See you soon!

Re: LSAF - Room Inventory [message #62646 is a reply to message #62644] Thu, 13 May 2010 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

...the hotel will give me a list of exhibitors and the rooms they're in tomorrow. That will make it easy, so we can update the first page with the room numbers tomorrow. Still, if anyone wants to let me or Shane know what room you're in tonight, we'll update the page early.

Previous Topic: LSAF 2010 Pictures
Next Topic: LSAF 2011 Planning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:31:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout