Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Cherry Pi Photos
It's all good! [message #41857 is a reply to message #41853] Wed, 09 July 2003 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Like Porsche's and Ferrari's, both are really great.
Re: It's all good! - Definitely! [message #41859 is a reply to message #41857] Wed, 09 July 2003 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I meant it as a compliment to jlharden. Bill sets one hell of a standard.
Thanks!! [message #41864 is a reply to message #41841] Thu, 10 July 2003 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
Hi guys! Thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to getting the speakers set up in a more suitable room. I have several other projects I'm anxious to start, but I don't have a work shop put together after my relocation yet. Future plans include a equipment stand, media rack and my big speakers. I also have an itch to do a stereo sub thing with cabinetry to match my main speakers. I'll also do a few pieces of furniture in the same cherry two tone theme. That's all a ways off though, right now I'm job and house hunting. Whenever I get settled I'm also going to attempt to build a single pair of Bill's gorgeous horns. He gave me a few pointers at Lima and wished me luck, I'll need it! Jerrod
Re: Cherry Pi Photos [message #41866 is a reply to message #41847] Thu, 10 July 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerrod Harden is currently offline  Jerrod Harden
Baron
Hello,

I'm pretty impressed by the "little" 2's. They have what I'd call a solid sound perhaps only slightly lacking on the very top end. I'm confident the speakers will open up nicely whenever I can get them into a bigger room. They are my second favorite pair of speakers I've owned behind my old Khorns, though not really a practical comparison. I'll soon try to better those Khorns with some all american JBL and Altec muscle and hope to improve on the build quality and cosmetics of the Klipsches. I've also toyed around a bit with replacing the 2 pi's piezo with the horn loaded Morel soft dome tweeter. This however requires the use of some crossover components on the hf driver. I believe the crossoverless driver implementation of the 2 pi is one of the positive aspects of Wayne's design. I also imagine the horn loaded dome is a better part so I suppose it's one of those trade off things. BTW, I couldn't get your link to come up. Good listening, Jerrod

Re: Cherry Pi Photos [message #41867 is a reply to message #41866] Thu, 10 July 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasteh202 is currently offline  wasteh202
Master
Thanks for the reply. I think the 2 Pi's Towers are a great sounding speaker when you consider what in-expensive drivers are in them. You are correct about the crossoverless design.

lets try that link again.

'De Luxe' 2Pi's? [message #41870 is a reply to message #41866] Thu, 10 July 2003 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
I think you may be on to something with the Morel driver idea! It seems that the 'issue' most people have (the ones that have it :-) ) with the 2Pi's is the piezo driver. So maybe putting in some form of HE, soft dome, horn loaded driver instead would be an idea... & the cross over doesn't need to get THAT complicated. Btw., I believe Peerless are making such a thingie as well.

Have someone tried anything of this sort? Maybe a HF compression horn w. driver?

Just a thought... ;-)

Re: 'De Luxe' 2Pi's? [message #41876 is a reply to message #41870] Thu, 10 July 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Yes, it seems to me the Alpha 10 functions so well in that big cabinet that with a great tweeter instead of a good one we could have a fabulous speaker instead of a great one..... or something like that! I'm about ready to try it, someone talk me out of it soon! ;)
Very tasty! [message #41877 is a reply to message #41841] Thu, 10 July 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
and even the connection panel is cool!

Nice,
Thomas

Sweet as Cherri Pie [message #41889 is a reply to message #41841] Thu, 10 July 2003 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ozzi is currently offline  ozzi
Baron
nt
Photos [message #41898 is a reply to message #41867] Fri, 11 July 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Viscount
Link worked better this time. Are your speakers full sized towers or scaled down a little? My speakers are large, but they did grow a lot with the additional internal bracing, 1 1/2" front and 1 7/8 top and bottom. I've spent the morning listening to the little 2's, sounding better and better. Good work on the cabinets! Jerrod
Previous Topic: Hi Bill and others. I think I've got it fixed now :-) Plz check!
Next Topic: super tweeter for Pi 4 T
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 07:30:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout