Home » Audio » General » Paper-in-oil capacitors
Re: Paper-in-oil capacitors [message #59484 is a reply to message #4957] Mon, 22 June 2009 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perry is currently offline  perry
Chancellor
thanks for posting it here..at least i know what to do if it happens on my amplifier not really familiar on this things..and only rely on my friend to fix it..
Re: Paper-in-oil capacitors [message #59488 is a reply to message #59484] Mon, 22 June 2009 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The poly Audiocaps are still running fine in my Audio Note amp...

Gone through a 6550 since then, but the caps are still just fine.
Re: Paper-in-oil capacitors [message #59490 is a reply to message #4957] Mon, 22 June 2009 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim... is currently offline  jim...
Esquire
Hey Wayne,
As far as the old stuff goes. Sprague Vitamin-Q should be very reliable. What values? If I have any left, I can send you some. Don't open, dioxins? toxic oils inside. I now use inexpensive Illinois Cap brand metalized film polyprops from tubesandmore.com or Sprague 716P film and foil polyprops (with copper leads). The sound is good. I've been disappointed in many expensive designer caps quite often over the last 25 years and what I use now are inexpensive and sound good "to me". No arguments wanted or needed. JMO. jim..
Re: Paper-in-oil capacitors [message #59495 is a reply to message #59490] Tue, 23 June 2009 10:28 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Excellent, Jim, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. I'll look at the values I need (I think they're 0.22uF and 0.015uF) and get hold of you or just order some. Thanks for the tip!
Previous Topic: Paper-based transistor
Next Topic: Can you Help? Audio amp wire routing.?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 11:25:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio