Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 pi & 7 pi
Re: Thanks, just a few more Questions [message #39784 is a reply to message #39759] Wed, 08 January 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spears_tears is currently offline  spears_tears
Esquire
I have 2 possible positions for the corner horns, i live in an old cottage and they will be upstares;

- In the corner the left hand speaker will be placed, the wall on the left hand side is 1.5 meters high, and from there the ceeling slopes up towards the center of the room. The right speaker would be placed in a perfect corner.
Will this produce an unbalenced sound? should i counteract this by building a slope above the right hand speaker, to form an arch?

-Both speakers are in similar corners but the wall behind both is only 1.5 meters high and it slopes up and in towards the middle of the room. But the room is an 'L' or 'foot' shape and the right hand speaker is in the toe of the foot, so i would listen off ballenced.

Sorry for posing such a confusing question. I would be very greatefull to recieve any thoughts on my corners!

Regards and thanks for all the help.

Re: 4 pi & 7 pi [message #39785 is a reply to message #39774] Wed, 08 January 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasteh202 is currently offline  wasteh202
Master
I might be interested in such an arrangement. I am begining to consider building the Theater 7 instead of the Theater 4 myself. I would be interested in taking a look at those pics myself.

Could you please e-mail to "listener26@hotmail.com" if it will not go through there because of the size then mail to "geckog21@charter.net" Thanks

You've got mail! [message #39786 is a reply to message #39785] Wed, 08 January 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Room symmetry [message #39787 is a reply to message #39784] Wed, 08 January 2003 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I've run into these kinds of things with cornerhorns before. Sometimes, rooms that are highly unsymmetrical like this are problems, sometimes they're not. In general, the corner expansion should not be uneven or you're right to guess that the sound may not be balanced.
Re: 4 pi & 7 pi [message #39792 is a reply to message #39774] Wed, 08 January 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JLM is currently offline  JLM
Viscount
I've wondered about the same thing.

Wayne, couldn't you have separate tweeter and woofer cabinets, with both the 4Pi and 7Pi crossovers installed?

The tweeter cabinets would have separate binding posts with cables connecting to the bas boxes. Then you could install both crossovers in each of the bass cabinets with separate binding posts for bass reflex 4Pi use and corner horn 7 Pi use on the opposite sides of the cabinets.

Wayne, is the "home plate" shaped top and bottom cabinet pieces and the vertical pieces in the corners needed for acoustic purposes? Couldn't I just promise to position them correctly (maybe using a template)? (Then the 7Pi cabinets would be simple rectangles.)

Re: 4 pi & 7 pi [message #39793 is a reply to message #39792] Wed, 08 January 2003 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sure, you can mount the tweeter externally. That's how most people do it, actually. As for the shape of the bass bin, the rear panels are a positioning device.
You've got more mail! [message #39798 is a reply to message #39785] Thu, 09 January 2003 03:26 Go to previous message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
I sent them to your Hotmail account.
If that doesn't work I'll try the other account.

John

Previous Topic: 6DJ8 Tube Crossover
Next Topic: 4Pi Pro questions for Wayne, et al
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 08:12:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers