Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theatre 4 Woofer RC network: I just removed it.
Re: Questions for Till E [message #34900 is a reply to message #34898] Sat, 26 January 2002 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Maybe I jumped the gun on this idea as the zobel is designed, if I am correct, to tame the peak at the xover freq of the woofer and the parafeed cap effects primarily the bass extension and damping. It still might be fun to play around with the value of the parafeed caps anyway. See the bottlehead forum comments by Paul joppa and VoltSecond.

Garland

I lost 15 pounds without dieting or excercise and I feel..... [message #34902 is a reply to message #34867] Sat, 26 January 2002 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
In went the magnet wire, out came the Zobel, to the dumpster with the magnet wire, cookin' with good ole 16 ga stranded copper and finally, on alligator clips, the Zobel again.
The Zobel, as I'm sure Wayne will attest thru guffaws, has a minimal influence on the overall sound as the 3 Db is at the limit of perception and repetitiuos err titious err many A/B's yields just a sense that upper mids, i.e., female vocal and glockenspiel (just kidding) is a tad smoother. Still, plucked bass and kick drum is also just a bit less forward.
That's in my room with my equipment and my aging cochlea. Results may vary. Please see a doctor before beginning any......

T

Black paint [message #34904 is a reply to message #34897] Sat, 26 January 2002 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Rather than looking for black washers, you might paint them black. Perhaps you will leave them unpainted until you are sure you won't remove the screws for a while, and then paint them black.

Some screws I've used are black, but most are not. So one of the things I do is to paint the hardware with Testors gloss black paint. I do that with the ports too. It's time consuming, but I think it looks good.

Smile [message #34905 is a reply to message #34902] Sat, 26 January 2002 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
"...to the dumpster with the magnet wire, cookin' with good ole 16 ga stranded copper..."

Glad to hear it. It's best to use at least 16 guage stranded wire in these speakers.

Re: link for washers [message #34911 is a reply to message #34897] Sun, 27 January 2002 16:54 Go to previous message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Hi Bill,

this is a link for MSC. they carry an array of industrial type fasteners. along with everything else!
maybe the local yellow pages would have a listing under industrial supliers.

Previous Topic: jbl 2035's in quasi-pi
Next Topic: Capacitors - sound quality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:31:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout