Home » Audio » Group Build » Amp schematic
Amp schematic [message #30977] Tue, 15 March 2005 11:32 Go to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Alright, the amp schematic is scanned. and it's big, not tomention in four big pieces. If you want one, email me, and it shall be on its way tomorrow night. Make sure you have ~50 megs to take it, I'd rather not send it twice.
regards,
Douglas

Re: Amp schematic [message #30978 is a reply to message #30977] Tue, 15 March 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Please send to colinhester (at) yahoo (dot) com. I look forward to seeing it ......Colin

Re: Amp schematic [message #30979 is a reply to message #30977] Tue, 15 March 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Recieved the first part no problem. Made a nice copy. Thanks; eagerly awaiting the next section.

Re: Amp schematic [message #30981 is a reply to message #30977] Tue, 15 March 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheetah is currently offline  cheetah
Viscount
I'd like one please!

Joe

j_armocida (at) yahoo.com

On the way... [message #30985 is a reply to message #30979] Tue, 15 March 2005 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Can you send part one to the guys on the Cc list? BTW, forty2wo, the size exceeds your limits. I will hand draw you one at teh Meet if youcan wait that long. Or perhaps somebody can shrink the files for you?
regards.
Douglas

GroupBuild/Projects directory [message #30987 is a reply to message #30985] Wed, 16 March 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Send it to webmaster@audioroundtable.com and lets put it in the GroupBuild/Projects directory.

Re: On the way... [message #30988 is a reply to message #30985] Wed, 16 March 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Absolutely; I just woke up so give me a couple hours, should be there by 2pm. Looks real nice.

Questions [message #30992 is a reply to message #30977] Wed, 16 March 2005 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old Brown Eyes is currently offline  Old Brown Eyes
Chancellor
So just what is this amp? Chances are I'd love to see the schematic.

Am I correct in assuming that you are looking into driving cathodes and perhaps AB2 or A2 (grounded grid) operation? If that is so, can you elaborate on the why's other than a linear input Z to the cathode as the transistion is made to drawing grid (G1) current?

I trust you got my email and will favor me with a reply. The attachment I got from from the person of interest was removed by my work's filter system (and I'm not sure he feels like sending it a third time:(. So please, no attachments and no (4 letter) words that would offend a catholic nun or I won't see it.

Russ
P.S. Can we chat at vintage?

Re: Questions [message #30993 is a reply to message #30992] Wed, 16 March 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
This one does not drive the cathodes, or even run to grid current. It is a PP DHTetrode design. Cascode input stage. Diff amp/LTP phase inverter which is attached to the finals( 1624's a glass envelope 1619 ) with the E-Linear cicruit. Two stage amp, single B+, and a valve rectified L-C filter. I am shooting at SE 300B power, with sonics which will cause SE300B amps's to undergo a ballistic trajectory flight in the direction of the storage bin.

I am not certain that the cathode drive has merit. Perhaps for a more ocnventional design, but I think I have a bit of research and experimentation to do first. I also think 70W from a pair of E-Linear rigged 813's will be of higher quality than a cathode driven pair of 211's ( not to mention more powerful and lower output Z ). As proof of reasonable potential, I keep comming back to the 813's.

I have heard the arguement that they don't like U-L connection, but I figure if they can survive as triodes, I can run them U-L/E-L

I did favour you with a reply to your note. I am not sure what you meant by 'chat at vintage'...
regards,
Douglas

Re: Glad to see you are here [message #30998 is a reply to message #30993] Wed, 16 March 2005 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Old Brown Eyes is currently offline  Old Brown Eyes
Chancellor
Sure, I'd like to see your schematic....especially the HY69 if that's not asking too much (I have a T1 connection but best to send separately). I look forward to reading the email for my own peace of mind if nothing else. It must of arrived after 15:30 EST or the filters caught it (if I don't see it in the AM I'll send you my home email addy). By vintage I meant the vintage asylum over yonder. I was trying to be...uhh...circumvent which might not be required.

I too feel that cathode drive is not the way to go for your purposes. I only see it as a plus for UHF/VHF stuff. It puts the entire cathode AC current in series with the driver circuit (out of phase at that which is part of why it's more linear) and ends up netting less power than G1 drive (darn near 50% less depending upon type of tube and class of operation). I think 813's in UL have potential or I would not of mentioned same (but feel tertiary windings for G2 are needed). I do think they will present some "problems" but feel you would enjoy the work. I would look towards perserving a voltage between G2 and anode based upon the physical spacing of these elements and feel that the common practice of operating G2 at a higher voltage than anode was only done for certain tubes in the hi-fi wattage race and not in the interest of good sound (or reliable operation).

If you don't have it, Eimac's "care and feeding of power grid tubes" is worth looking at for high voltage transmitting stuff. If I run across a copy I'll send it your way. I shall certainly miss you over yonder and pray you will return soon.

Russ
P.S. I'd like to hear about your new job and where you will be located....always looking for a good M.E. (mostly HVAC related) for work's projects.

Previous Topic: pics Guinevere
Next Topic: Amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:15:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout