Home » Audio » Speaker » Controversy on tweeter's positioning
Re: Thanks for asking good questions [message #24316 is a reply to message #24313] Mon, 05 May 2008 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny Richie is currently offline  Danny Richie
Baron
If it were me, I'd put more money into the electronics and use passive networks on the speakers.

Re: In simple terms [message #24354 is a reply to message #24305] Wed, 14 May 2008 20:31 Go to previous message
Rick Craig is currently offline  Rick Craig
Viscount
JPH,

The delay function allows you to keep the drivers in phase because the time arrivals are different for the ribbons versus the woofers. The Behringer was designed for pro audio applications where this is very important; otherwise, the sound won't be coherent at the listening position. As far as your issues with vocals it could affect that but without being there I can only speculate.

The amount of delay used will also vary depending on whether you measure with the ribbons on the inside or outside. A lower crossover point doesn't change things because the arrival time between the two drivers remains the same. One advantage of your active crossover is that it doesn't add any inductive or capacative phase shift like a passive crossover will.

Previous Topic: So I went ahead and built them. . .
Next Topic: Hey Guys, Where Do We Want to Take this Forum?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 03:17:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio