Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Stars we've lost
Re: Stars we've lost [message #95906 is a reply to message #95872] Wed, 17 August 2022 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
It seems like we're in a place in time where the last of the "superstars" or "celebrities" are passing away (aging out).
There was still an abundance in the 60's 70's, 80's, 90's and even into the new millennium.

Now, as streaming channels (and their shows measuring what seems to be in the 1000's) and their "stars" or main characters multiply, the age of the "superstar" continually seems to creeps away.

It seems they were measured in dozens decades ago....not hundreds (or thousands).
You know.... what they used to call "household names"

just my perspective.

Re: Stars we've lost [message #95913 is a reply to message #95872] Thu, 18 August 2022 07:06 Go to previous message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Who are the big 90s stars? I can only think of Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey. Maybe we could include models like, Naomi Campbell, but that's a reach.

Fred Ward, also passed away this year. I don't remember hearing about it when it happened, though. He played in Tremors.

A lot of information is coming out about Anne Heche. I didn't realize that her early life was full of pain and suffering. I like certain actors and actresses for their talent, but I don't follow the personal lives of celebrities. So, I had no idea that things were bad for her.

Previous Topic: Rick Springfield and Men at Work
Next Topic: Last great movie you watched?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:39:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio