Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Best Instrument for Kids
Re: Best Instrument for Kids [message #93277 is a reply to message #92927] Tue, 09 March 2021 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
This one isn't necessarily quiet, but what about a recorder? It's easy for kids to learn, inexpensive and portable. I played the recorder as a kid and I really enjoyed it. In high school, I moved from playing the recorder to playing the clarinet. The recorder is a good starter instrument, in my opinion.
Re: Best Instrument for Kids [message #93905 is a reply to message #92927] Sun, 13 June 2021 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
I also agree that it's good to let the child pick which instrument to learn. But if you're right next to neighbors or have thin walls, I'd also suggest a keyboard (or guitar) with headphones.
Re: Best Instrument for Kids [message #94477 is a reply to message #92927] Tue, 21 September 2021 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poulsenr85 is currently offline  poulsenr85
Esquire
In general, the mandolin is designed only for certain styles of music, so if you want to buy it and learn to play it, you must be clear about the need for it.
Re: Best Instrument for Kids [message #94482 is a reply to message #92927] Wed, 22 September 2021 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poulsenr85 is currently offline  poulsenr85
Esquire
In general, the mandolin is designed only for certain styles of music, so if you want to buy it and learn to play it, you must be clear about the need for it. The wood is critical here because the holes in the soundboard are often tiny. When buying a mandolin, you should pay attention to the overtones and comfort because the first thing you should be worried about in a musical instrument is whether it is comfortable for you to play it; only if you meet this condition, you will achieve mastery. When I chose this musical instrument, I trusted the advice of my musician friend. Initially .Originally going to save money and buy this musical instrument is not new, but I was dissuaded in time, and then I visit site and saw a good mandolin.
Re: Best Instrument for Kids [message #94512 is a reply to message #92927] Sun, 26 September 2021 00:48 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Buy her a drum kit. Forget the neighbors. Laughing

Actually, you might want to start simple and get a bass guitar. She can learn the basics while not making a lot of noise.
Previous Topic: Starting a podcast
Next Topic: Audio Engineering Degrees
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:00:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout