Home » Audio » Source » Bent records
Re: Bent records [message #92543 is a reply to message #91839] Sat, 31 October 2020 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Rusty, sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but no they weren't thin records. It was incredibly bent and I doubt anything would've fixed it. I'd like to know how it got that way to be honest!

Remi, you should try it and let us know which method worked best for you. Just start with the records that you care the least about. I had a lot of fun doing it.
Re: Bent records [message #92548 is a reply to message #91839] Sun, 01 November 2020 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Is anyone considering groove distortion? I see a lot of tips on how to flatten a warped vinyl, but when the vinyl itself is warped, so are the grooves. When it gets flattened, do the grooves just pop back into place like nothing has happened?
Re: Bent records [message #92550 is a reply to message #92548] Sun, 01 November 2020 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A good question. I don't know. If the fixing process makes the LP out of round that will cause problems as the sound will waver and many cartridges might have problems following the groves.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Bent records [message #92611 is a reply to message #92548] Sat, 14 November 2020 17:39 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Concorde wrote on Sun, 01 November 2020 17:36
Is anyone considering groove distortion? I see a lot of tips on how to flatten a warped vinyl, but when the vinyl itself is warped, so are the grooves. When it gets flattened, do the grooves just pop back into place like nothing has happened?
It's definitely not perfect, but it's a matter of losing one or two songs rather than the whole record. You take what you can get. It might work better in one of those machines that are designed for this issue.
Previous Topic: Create your own
Next Topic: Oiling Turntable Bearings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:58:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout