Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2020 (Cancelled)
LSAF 2020 [message #91174] Fri, 15 November 2019 15:46 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

As you can see in the "New Date, New Digs" thread, we've movin' this year. But just a few miles down the street, so all our old familiar restaurants and other fun spots are still close by. I'm super-excited for LSAF 2020!
Re: LSAF 2020 [message #91185 is a reply to message #91174] Sun, 17 November 2019 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

This year I'm bringing an all-Italian version of the three π loudspeakers, of course with flanking subs. I may bring distributed subs too, if space permits, for a full multisub configuration.

http://lonestaraudiofest.com/2018/Photos/Dsc_0009.jpg
three π loudspeakers with flanking subs

What's new this year is the "all Italian" part. Both the midwoofer and compression driver are made by the Italian manufacturer, B&C. The midwoofer is the 12PLB100 and the tweeter is the DE250.
Re: LSAF 2020 [message #91189 is a reply to message #91185] Mon, 18 November 2019 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
Splendido!
Re: LSAF 2020 [message #91384 is a reply to message #91174] Tue, 28 January 2020 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Wayne, Not positive yet, but we may be there this year. If the phono preamp is ready in time. I'm likely to bring a vintage Empire 598 modded with an Origin Live arm and Grado Sonata II (plus other cartridges) to showcase the preamp. It is high enough output to work with a passive volume control into our power amps (I do this all the time). Not sure what else would be coming. Maybe some of my personal amps as we are not going to be pushing the existing kit ones. More to follow as it develops.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2020 [message #91386 is a reply to message #91384] Wed, 29 January 2020 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Lookin' forward to seeing you there!
Re: LSAF 2020 [message #91517 is a reply to message #91386] Tue, 03 March 2020 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Wayne, Still a go.... however has anyone been in contact with the Hotel to see if in light of the present virus if they want large numbers of visitors to a fest? Shocked

How about the potential exhibitors as well....are they OK with lots of folks coming to see their stuff? Confused

Just trying to get a good handle on the event.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2020 [message #91518 is a reply to message #91517] Wed, 04 March 2020 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You know, I don't think we'll have a feel for it for a couple more months. We'll know more as the planned date approaches.

I suppose it might make sense to bring Lysol and hand sanitizers. Maybe use Lysol from time to time to wipe down the surfaces of furniture and equipment that might have been touched.

Beyond the health concerns, I think a lot of the problems that organizations face is actually financial. Lots of events have been cancelled, but I think it is more because of financial fallout or potential risk of loss.

The structure of the Lone Star Audiofest makes it fairly invulnerable to things like this, at least from a financial perspective. We don't need to fill some percentage of rooms in order to "break-even" and we do not risk any loss. Everyone just agrees to meet at the same hotel and each is responsible for their own room cost. So we don't have the cancel the show for fear of not meeting a minimum sales amount and risking a loss.

This is the statement from Hilton corporate:

As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:

• Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.

• We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.

• We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.

• We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers.

• We have activated our regional and global response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels and are prepared to act swiftly should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus at one of our properties.
Re: LSAF 2020 [message #91519 is a reply to message #91174] Wed, 04 March 2020 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
John Busch has two speakers planned for the show.

The first is an open baffle speaker using a 15" coax. He's done his magic on coax drivers before but this is a completely different coax.

The 2nd speaker is a 15" two way he's referred to as an Advent replacement. No idea what he'll end up calling it.
Re: LSAF 2020 [message #91520 is a reply to message #91519] Wed, 04 March 2020 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sweet!

Now for the gossip:

Just as much as I'm eager to see John's new designs, I'm eager to talk to him about his communications with Hilton right after LSAF 2019. I've just gotta hear that story!

I mentioned John's displeasure with the Park Central property to their new management, and they were aware of him. I could tell from their tone that they weren't just saying they had heard of him - I knew they actually had. But I have no idea what they heard or thought.

I've been saying - with tongue in cheek - that he was responsible for Hilton selling the Park Central property to Interstate. But who knows? There may have been more truth to that than I know! Laughing
Re: LSAF 2020 [message #91524 is a reply to message #91174] Thu, 05 March 2020 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Master
The hotels shortcomings weren't as noticeable to the attendees, IMHO. The staff in the hotel were still very pleasant, too. But there were several unhappy vendors, John included.

It's not reasonable to believe John was responsible for the sale of the place but I'd lay odds that John's conversation with management touched on most of the hotels ills. John is one clear, concise dude. Would not want to debate him.

Looking forward to the new digs and hearing the new "Italian" 3 pis.

Fantastico!
Previous Topic: Virtual Audio Show
Next Topic: LSAF 2021
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:19:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers