Home » Audio » Movies & Music » At the movies July and August
Re: At the movies July and August [message #90812 is a reply to message #90809] Tue, 03 September 2019 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I remember Prospect. It was in theaters here, but I think it was a limited release and wasn't very popular. That's a shame because it was a good movie intersecting several genres: sci-fi, coming-of-age, western, and action-adventure. I hated Damon! What a jerk. Out of all the neglectful parents in movies, he seemed like one of the worst. I felt for Cee when he died though. Did you watch the 2014 short film too? It isn't a must-see or anything but it was good storytelling done in 15 minutes or so.
Re: At the movies July and August [message #90814 is a reply to message #90812] Tue, 03 September 2019 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Nice! You saw it too. It was one of those under the radar type movies. Low production costs and all. Not that the effects were shoddy. But it was story driven, unlike the action oriented sci-fi and super hero schlock out there. I did watch on youtube some of the short. Glad someone had the notion to flesh it out. The father did seem driven with that strike it rich attitude that always gets a prospector in a bad situation. Think Humprey Bogart's character, Fred C. Dobbs in the Gold of the Sierra Madre. I actually liked the heavy, Ezra whom caused the fathers demise. He rather showed some character later on when the getn' got tough. All in all a satisfying little tale on another planet.

If you ever have a notion to check out the other movie, Under The Skin. Better read up on it first. Because it gives scant little info to go on from the minimalist dialog. It is an interesting concept though. I need to check out the book it was adapted from.
Re: At the movies July and August [message #90820 is a reply to message #90809] Tue, 03 September 2019 21:23 Go to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Rusty wrote on Tue, 27 August 2019 10:32
People here seem to like sci-fi movies. Recently I viewed a couple from my Roku free subscription if you have a library card using the app. Kanopy.
I've never heard of that, so thanks for sharing. Hopefully my library participates in the program. I'm looking to cut out several subs as I don't use them enough to justify the monthly fees.

@Porter, the movie was okay, but I'm a little sick of The Purge remakes and that's what the story essentially boiled down to in Ready or Not. I will say that the ending was good though.
Previous Topic: Why the sudden push towards streaming movies and music?
Next Topic: Avengers Endgame: The End Of A Marvelous Storytelling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:02:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout