Home » Audio » Radio » Increasing The Frequency Range
Re: Increasing The Frequency Range [message #90542 is a reply to message #90066] Wed, 26 June 2019 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
I have no problem if people would like to have a wider scope of their FM radio. However, we can tune in to online FM radios with the internet speed that we have right now. I'm even listening to a few online FM radios that originated from other countries.
Re: Increasing The Frequency Range [message #90609 is a reply to message #90066] Tue, 02 July 2019 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
The internet is another option if we wanted to increase the radio stations we want to listen to. However, there are places where there is no internet and only the radio is available for information, so a good FM signal would be handy in times of calamities.
Re: Increasing The Frequency Range [message #92451 is a reply to message #90307] Mon, 19 October 2020 06:13 Go to previous message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
gofar99 wrote on Sun, 12 May 2019 21:05
I use a 10 element "beam" to reach stations as far as Phoenix (about 150-175 miles). It looks like a ladder laid flat. They used to be quite common, but rather scarce now. I suspect a Google search would find some. Height is also VIP. The biggest drawback is the higher the gain of the antenna, the more directional it is.
Is using both an option? I mean, will the 2 different types of antennae cancel each other out somewhat? Maybe put the beam in the front and the traditional type in the back?
Previous Topic: Simple ways to improve reception
Next Topic: Sat radio lifetime subscription
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:50:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout