Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Songs you've misunderstood - lyrics or meaning behind them
Re: Songs you've misunderstood - lyrics or meaning behind them [message #92861 is a reply to message #92856] Sun, 27 December 2020 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
My brother and I went years marveling at our misbegotten interpretation of the lyrics to the song Conquistador by Procol Harum. We'd occasionally bring up what, in Gods name, they meant when we thought they sang, "What I'd hoped for, something to find, like a SEAGULL, it pay's to unwind. What the f***?
Years later, internet and all, I finally took the initiative to look up the lyrics to this fine piece of music. The hope was of course, "I could see no maze to unwind".

We kind of miss our mystery though.
Re: Songs you've misunderstood - lyrics or meaning behind them [message #92886 is a reply to message #92861] Wed, 30 December 2020 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
@Rusty, you guys were pretty close though. Usually when I misunderstand lyrics, I REALLY get it wrong!

My worst involves lyrics by the Imagine Dragons. I hear, "You're a nacho roll," instead of "You're a natural." And the absolute worst is, "I love you journaling in my face," instead of "I love the adrenalin in my veins." Yeah.
Re: Songs you've misunderstood - lyrics or meaning behind them [message #92901 is a reply to message #92886] Sun, 03 January 2021 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Ya know Madison. I've got to admit that I like to bastardize some songs. Even ones I like. Like Heart's fine rocker, Barracuda. I never followed the lyrics particularly save for the punch line word of the title name. I'm prone to using after the, "Your gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn to the wick. Oooooh"..... Gonorrhea!
Re: Songs you've misunderstood - lyrics or meaning behind them [message #92913 is a reply to message #92901] Tue, 05 January 2021 16:42 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Rusty wrote on Sun, 03 January 2021 13:07
Ya know Madison. I've got to admit that I like to bastardize some songs. Even ones I like. Like Heart's fine rocker, Barracuda. I never followed the lyrics particularly save for the punch line word of the title name. I'm prone to using after the, "Your gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn to the wick. Oooooh"..... Gonorrhea!
I think everyone does that one a time or two at least. It's just too easy. Plus it fits better than barracuda anyway. I was reading about the Wilson sisters the other day and it's sad that they had a falling out and never really patched things back up. I was pretty young in the 80s, but I was a big fan of those two.

Previous Topic: Bird Box
Next Topic: What was this Xmas song?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 03:24:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout