Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Loadlines
Re: Trying these for 5K [message #9811 is a reply to message #9810] Wed, 06 September 2006 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The simplest way is to draw 5k line on Ua/Ia/Ug diagram, for example through 400V/0mA and 80mA/0V points on X and Y axis (400/0,08=5k).
Then you can try various other 5k lines, parallel to the first (preserving the same angles) and various operating points on them.
Then you can explore voltage and current "swings", power, linearity, etc.

Thanks Damir!! [message #9812 is a reply to message #9811] Thu, 07 September 2006 21:15 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks a heap, Damir!!

Heck, I just wanted to be able to draw one (any one) and figure the numbers off of it correctly. Then it's time to actually move the thing into the right place for the "best???" results.

I think I'd like to basically stay close to Fred Nachbaur's design except for the PS. Put an actual PT with filtering in the design instead of back-to-back 12V trannies. He doesn't run the tube nearly as hard as Gary does and although I will probably lose some power, the tube will probably last longer not running it at it's limit. I'll have to figure out how to do the bias voltage since he's got it all tied into the two trafos with voltage doublers and things.

Previous Topic: SET book
Next Topic: PS Regulation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:30:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout