Home » Audio » General » Is it possible to hate all music?
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #71762 is a reply to message #70883] Wed, 14 March 2012 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
:lol:You remind me of a friend from college. We would be in the student union building, and a juke box would be blaring. He said he wished he could put in coins and select silence Rolling Eyes

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #72412 is a reply to message #70883] Fri, 27 April 2012 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mixinlady
Baron
I don't doubt it. Just because something is popular does not mean it is liked by everyone. I get pretty annoyed when I see people speak for "everyone", in fact. Yes, Virginia, there are people out there who do not like pizza or chocolate or even music...and that's totally okay.
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #72463 is a reply to message #70883] Tue, 01 May 2012 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freddy is currently offline  Freddy
Viscount
I don't know about comparing music to pizza and chocolate, I think a better comparison would be music versus food in general. Still, it's an interesting discussion. I bet there are those who aren't music fans, but I'd imagine it's a very small percentage of the population.
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #72481 is a reply to message #70883] Wed, 02 May 2012 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I am sure there probably are people who hate all music, but that is really hard for me to imagine. I have always got some kind of music playing.
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #72844 is a reply to message #70883] Sun, 27 May 2012 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
Confused I don't know anyone who hates all music. I can't imagine anyone hating music. Music is amazing! You can change your mood by listening to music. I like almost every kind of music.
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #72855 is a reply to message #72844] Mon, 28 May 2012 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I've been pondering this thread for a while and finally decided how it applied to me. I like pretty much all music unless it is (a) poorly recorded (b) poorly reproduced. Then I hate all of it. Confused All this is probably why I am constantly improving my equipment and what actually got me into the design end of it. Long story there... about a company with a good product that made a not so good follow on item and then had the gall to ignore customer comments and complaints that the new thing was not too good and oh by the way all the parts were incorrect in the kits. Sad I felt I could do better ..... hence the birth of Oddwatt and all the diy projects I have posted. (sorry a bit OT in the last bit, but it shows how music can drive other endeavors).

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #72856 is a reply to message #72855] Mon, 28 May 2012 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Good point. I guess if I listened to everything on a phone or mp3 player like many of the younger generation, I'd hate all music too.

Have to agree [message #72859 is a reply to message #72856] Tue, 29 May 2012 01:12 Go to previous message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
I have to agree with Wayne and gofar99. Anyone who thinks music sounds good on an ipod or video is great on a cell phone is addled in my opinion.
And, because there are so many that do, they are holding back six channel surround music. Grrrrr!

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Previous Topic: Help with a center channel speaker
Next Topic: iPod plug in for vehicle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:33:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout