Home » Audio » General » Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting (DIY GTG Eastern Ok, OCT...)
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64440 is a reply to message #64435] Fri, 22 October 2010 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds good!

Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64445 is a reply to message #64440] Fri, 22 October 2010 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightym is currently offline  mightym
Chancellor
Things have been progressing at a frenetic pace since postponement yesterday.

We are looking at rescheduling for a Saturday anywhere from late Jan. to early Mar.

If you are interested, post your opinion regarding an amenable date to try again.

John
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64494 is a reply to message #63965] Mon, 25 October 2010 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
How about November 13th?

That is before the holiday and DIY building season really gets underway.

Maybe this first meeting, if enough come and bring their equipment to show and tell, will be a catalyst for our group to build something during the Winter months. Then, Spring before LSAF 2011, we could have another meeting to show off the Winter projects. Also, it would be a good time to bring our locals together who plan on attending LSAF to make arrangements.

It would be fun to have a group of locals to meet at LSAF.

Just a thought!

Norris.
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64495 is a reply to message #64494] Mon, 25 October 2010 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like the idea of a fall DIY meeting, but honestly, I think we missed our window on this one. Too bad, 'cause we're definitely overdue. But once we hit November, the holiday season starts rolling. We have two holidays in that month, Veteran's day and Thanksgiving. Both make long weekends for many people. December is definitely out 'cause it's hectic for just about everyone. So I think we'll probably have to wait until January or February.

Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64527 is a reply to message #63965] Wed, 27 October 2010 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Norris, I'm with Wayne on this.

Here's a couple of dates I'm going to throw out for comment. Jan 29th, 2011 If we decide to appease the weather gods somehow...Or Feb. 26th, 2011. I cannot guarantee either of these dates, however, I have some measure of confidence that they will both be available based on previous years usage of the lake house.

I'm looking for comment here, or a vote for one or the other... I'm going to post both dates on the other forums where this gtg has been discussed too.

John
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64531 is a reply to message #64527] Wed, 27 October 2010 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think I'm cool with either date. At this point, it's hard to say which one would be better. I think it's probably a coin toss.

Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64550 is a reply to message #64531] Sat, 30 October 2010 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
mightym,

I am good for either date. Just let me know what turns up?

Norris
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #65793 is a reply to message #64550] Fri, 21 January 2011 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
To all who have supported/ commented, etc. about gathering here in beautiful green country of Oklahoma. We have a problem Houston....

Again I am forced to postpone this gathering.

We were supposed to have an addition to the building installed by the company who originally constructed it, this was contracted for in October, and was supposed to occur shortly after Thanksgiving. My mother, the building owner, made the classic mistake of telling the Contractor that she was not in a hurry, it's a boat storage addition, and that other storage arrangements had been made for this winter. So naturally the work has not even begun yet. It would be my luck to allow this gathering to go on, and have the construction package delivered this week....

As there has been enough response, I'm also thinking a change of venue may be in order anyway. After having a trial run of sorts, the room seems awful small...

I do intend to host a gathering this spring, but cannot say when at this time. Stay tuned, and those who have previously commented, will receive PM's when things have been straightened out somewhat...

John
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #65795 is a reply to message #65793] Fri, 21 January 2011 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

And then there's LSAF!..

Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #65796 is a reply to message #65795] Fri, 21 January 2011 22:11 Go to previous message
Chancellor
I'm looking forward to that too, I'm thinking that this year it won't just be a day trip, but a weekend ( hopefully ).
Previous Topic: Video Game Chairs/Rockers- enhance gaming with audio?
Next Topic: Affordable Isolation Device
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:02:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout