Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Dr. Phil
Re: Dr. Phil [message #63656 is a reply to message #63364] Wed, 04 August 2010 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jayson is currently offline  Jayson
Esquire
I wonder if my father knows this. He always is spouting about well DR. Phil said this or that. It really boggles my mind why people watch and listen to this stuff!
Re: Dr. Phil [message #63672 is a reply to message #59245] Thu, 05 August 2010 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tali
Esquire
I don't like Dr. Phil. I think he is pompous jerk that needs to be booted from the TV spotlight. He believes he is a know it all just as another poster stated.
Re: Dr. Phil [message #63673 is a reply to message #59245] Thu, 05 August 2010 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Loud is currently offline  Loud
Esquire
I feel the same way Tali. All he is doing is making money and embarrassing these families. But isn't that what all talk show do these days?!
Re: Dr. Phil [message #63740 is a reply to message #59245] Sat, 07 August 2010 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I agree on the exploitation aspect. Oprah made her Billion dollars off the backs of people in extremely bad circumstances too.

I have been saying for years that this guy always misrepresents himself as a Doctor when he is no way one. Having a PHD is psychology does not mean he has the right to publish diet books with the huge "Dr." on the cover. He knows people don't see the distinction and exploits that to his advantage.

Re: Dr. Phil [message #63746 is a reply to message #63740] Sat, 07 August 2010 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old Timer is currently offline  Old Timer
Chancellor
Sometimes I think Oprah is like the innocent looking child who is sweetly stirring the pot! I'm not convinced the PhD doctor vs MD doctor issue is deceptive. It could well make him qualified in the topic he is writing about.
Re: Dr. Phil [message #65069 is a reply to message #59245] Wed, 01 December 2010 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
voidswife
Esquire
The funny thing about these self-proclaimed relationship/family pros is that most of them probably don't even take their own advice and have some form of dysfunction at home themselves. The "Dr. Phil method" isn't always realistic!
Re: Dr. Phil [message #65117 is a reply to message #63746] Thu, 02 December 2010 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Old Timer wrote on Sat, 07 August 2010 11:59
Sometimes I think Oprah is like the innocent looking child who is sweetly stirring the pot! I'm not convinced the PhD doctor vs MD doctor issue is deceptive. It could well make him qualified in the topic he is writing about.

No psychologist has any business writing a diet book and slapping "doctor" under the title.

Dr. Phil doesn't even have a liscense to practice psychology anymore.

Re: Dr. Phil [message #76216 is a reply to message #65069] Sat, 06 April 2013 04:29 Go to previous message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I don't find Dr. Phil all that interesting. I think he gained his fame through Oprah. There are better doctors in real life that should get more credit.
Previous Topic: Aren't We Too Tolerant of the British?
Next Topic: Loud Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:49:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout