Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Slobo is dead
One of my early mentors was Serbian [message #58099 is a reply to message #58085] Mon, 13 March 2006 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old Brown Eyes is currently offline  Old Brown Eyes
Chancellor
He taught me many things including info about "Vlad the impaler" and buckets full of eye balls. Needless to say it left quite an impression on me as I was 16 at the time. I have run into him a few times in the past 40 something years. I have always thought of him as an outstanding man. He was kind and in particular a great father. I could never imagine him harming anyone for any reason but one. God help the man who was stupid enough to harm his wife or child!

I suppose I find it a little strange that some of the nicest people I have known have come from areas with some of the bloodest and cruelist histories.

I'd say slobo got off really easy.

Russ

Re: Slobodan Milosevic dies in jail [message #58100 is a reply to message #58097] Mon, 13 March 2006 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

"...I always wondered what was really going on in Yugoslavia back then."

Well, maybe the ignorance is a good thing sometimes.
Just a small example - I posted this picture a month ago, my little family was on sledging. I supressed the fact, if you turn left on this crossroad, after a km or two you`d arrive in the place in woods where 12 people are killed in ambush, `91.
Now I`ve said too much. I haven`t said enough.

Re: Slobodan Milosevic dies in jail [message #58101 is a reply to message #58100] Mon, 13 March 2006 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

When I hear stuff like that, it just breaks my heart. We Americans have some unrest too, mostly from criminal thugs and things like that. So it's not like we're unfamiliar with unwarranted violence. But we haven't had a civil war in any of our lifetimes, nor have we had any sort of organized troops making war on our shores. I'm thanking God for that.

I'm always thinking of you and all my other overseas friends that live in areas touched by strife.

Got this joke today by E-mail [message #58106 is a reply to message #58085] Thu, 16 March 2006 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Someone knocked on heaven`s door, and St. Peter looked - it`s Slobo.
"Hey, are you mistaken? You belong in hell."
Slobo turned over and went to hell.
Shortly after that, someone knocked again. St. Peter looked, and there`re thirty devils out there.
"Hey, are you mistaken?"
"No, we are refugees..."

Scapegoat R.I.P. [message #58142 is a reply to message #58106] Sun, 26 March 2006 09:33 Go to previous message
Eldragon is currently offline  Eldragon
Viscount
+

Previous Topic: Afghanistan
Next Topic: Is it my Imagination;..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:56:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio