Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Bush and United Arab Emirates to oversee 6 U.S. ports
Re: Bush and United Arab Emirates to oversee 6 U.S. ports [message #57981 is a reply to message #57976] Tue, 21 February 2006 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I don`t have too much free time, and those "experiments" and listening tests are really time-consuming.
Right now I`m switching back and forth between 6J5GT and 6C45Pi tubes. I listen to the strenghts and flaws...CCS (Mu and anode outs), resistive load, caps... The Ideal is hard to achieve.
New report in a few days...
P.S. about music - I just realized that I`m listening to the lo-fi stuff mostly... don`t have excellent recordings at all.

Re: It proves Bush is NOT an American; he's and "OILMAN" [message #57982 is a reply to message #57980] Wed, 22 February 2006 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The United Arab Emirate is a nation formed for the express purpose of organising the business of selling mid-east oil. They have apporx 3% of the crude oil stocks left in the world but it seems their capability is increasing yearly with new sources exposed frequently. However their natural gas producing areas are some of the most prolific in the world.
At this time their gas reserves are ranked 5th overall but that does not include the Khuff natural gas reservoirs that potentially hold gas for the next 150 years at current use levels.
The port of Abu Dubai is the central relay station for most of the mid-east oil shipping.
There is a project called the Dolphin Project that seeks to combine all of the processing and shipping resources throughout the region into a modern and efficient transport system for natural gas and oil connected with the fields throughout the area and eventually to combine with much of the Arab penninsula to facilitate the ease and productivity of shipping petro products.
Bush wants the natural gas capability to be firmly in our control through partnerships with the Sheiks who run the UAE. So we let their shipping systems which; BTW are very modern and efficient run the whole caboodle. Extracting and processing and shipping right to our door.

Re: It proves Bush is NOT an American; he's and "OILMAN" [message #57983 is a reply to message #57982] Wed, 22 February 2006 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Interesting stuff but I'd like to think there is more to it.

Re: It proves Bush is NOT an American; he's and "OILMAN" [message #57984 is a reply to message #57983] Wed, 22 February 2006 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
How do you mean that? Oil is the single driving factor in all of the current geo-political relations; I mean it is what drives the worlds economy. So whatever country can develope the best infrastructure capable of processing and transporting oil resources has a leg up on everyone else.
From a business standpoint it makes sense; why else would we sell the ownership of our ports to another country?

Re: It proves Bush is NOT an American; he's and "OILMAN" [message #57985 is a reply to message #57984] Wed, 22 February 2006 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
"why else would we sell the ownership of our ports to another country"
I tink they are jsut signing a contract with the company to perform manage operations in these ports. The yare not "selling the ports".
And the company may change ownership again.

Also, how would you explain the recent State of Union, where the statement was made that we are dependent on oil?

Re: It proves Bush is NOT an American; he's and "OILMAN" [message #57987 is a reply to message #57985] Wed, 22 February 2006 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well; if you think about it clearly; whoever is resposible for managing the ports dictates how those ports will be run. So technically while they don't own them per-se; they determine the fate of that port in every way.
The company as you put it in this case is The United Arab Emirates since the country that goes by that name is owned by the Sheiks. There are certainly no free elections held there. Unless I missed something the past hundred years.
So to re-state the case; a country called The United Arab Emirates whose leaders all come from the same family and have for the entire existance of that country now is totally responsible for what comes into and goes out of our country.
This is no conspiricy or anything; it's a business deal with the country who controls a whole lot of natural gas and has the most modern and well managed transport system. We would like to see the oil fields in the mid-east updated with new pipeline; rail transport lines and port shipping facilities all interconnected in such a way as to make it hard for people to disrupt the flow of oil. That takes uncertainty out of the business equation. Come-on guys; Business 101.

As far as the State of The Union; do you want to buy a used car? Only driven on Sundays by a little old lady who never went over 30 mph.

Re: It proves Bush is NOT an American; he's and "OILMAN" [message #57990 is a reply to message #57985] Wed, 22 February 2006 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

I realize the ports are not for sale. I disagree with the concept of letting a foreign country or a business near wholly owned by a foreign country run our ports. State of the Union? I was hoping for something a little different than last years model.

We have the need to invade Iraq and overthrow Saddam's governments because it posed a threat to us? Nice story but it turned out to be crap. We are safer now though! not a single attack since 911. Not a single attack 10 previous years too.

Why let another country decide how things get in and out of our ports. I was under the impression the big ports are a prime target. I see letting another country oversee our ports is a disaster waiting to happen. Have some American pride here. These are our gateways.

Oil? who gives a shit. Let the Arabs keep the oil. The sooner we let all the 3rd world countries emerge and gobble up all the oil for their needs, the sooner we will be out from under heavy weight.
Get rid of all the oil and we will find another means of energy pretty quick. It's all ready got to the point where you cant buy a big car because they burn to much gas. your cold in the winter because the heat is turned down. bla, bla. Just use it all up and be done with it. I hope the sheiks have made good investments since the oil will be gone.

Re: It proves Bush is NOT an American; he's and "OILMAN" [message #57991 is a reply to message #57990] Wed, 22 February 2006 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Ditto; Bill, Ditto. Good Stuff. Thats whats missing in the equation; American Pride. Thats what I feel.

Re: It proves Bush is NOT an American; he's and "OILMAN" [message #57995 is a reply to message #57991] Wed, 22 February 2006 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)

sometimes good business sense just has to take a back seat to reality?

John, you ever listen michael savage? You might like him or hate him. Very conservative and blatantly despises liberals. NYC guy with thick accent. He also does not like the shrub. has some interesting things to talk about though. just another point of view for more balance.

Re: It proves Bush is NOT an American; he's and "OILMAN" [message #58002 is a reply to message #57995] Thu, 23 February 2006 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Yeah; I have heard them all. Lest it be said I have a liberal bias I am as I have said a registered republican in Suffolk County. These guys just ain't republicans. I don't trust 'em as far as I can throw 'em and I think many real republicans are beggining to feel the same.

Gee; look at all the posters up there; were they all listening to us rant?
Kinda humbling to think. Were they there all the time?

Previous Topic: Excessive politicking on this forum
Next Topic: Olympics!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 06:30:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout