Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » just say no to shimano
Re: campy [message #57559 is a reply to message #57556] Wed, 21 December 2005 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Parsons. In the SE corner of the state, close to OK and MO border. Really the geographical start of the ozark mountains which are in SW Missouri. We're not flat nor brown. Lots of trees and low rolling hills. 120 miles from KC, Wichita, and Tulsa. Makes the drive to the airport a bitch though.
There were three packages of tempest pontiacs. Tempest, Lemans, and GTO. The GTO had a 389, Lemans 326, Tempest a 6 cylinder. I have a rebuilt 326 w edelbrock intake and carb, monster 4spd automatic. Runs good, just enough of a hot rod to make my 17 yr old happy, not enough of one to make Dad nervous. Fun car to drive. Takes 30 minutes to buy gas because everyone wants to talk cars.

24v on tubes? I know just enough to make that sound crazy. One of the things that has got me going on tubes is I bought a Fender blues Jr tube amp for my guitar and fell in love. I know I'll need efficient speakers for the low wattage stuff I'm looking at, and Waynes pi's fill the bill. After hearing how accurate and clean my DR250's (prosound tops) are, I'm convinced that horns are the way to go, after 25 yrs with my beloved EPI's. Plus Wayne's a really good guy, I met him at the prosound shootout in Tulsa this summer, and I intend to go to his GPAF in the spring to hear some of this gear. He also drives a sweet old cutlass. Old cars and audio seem to go toghether.

Re: campy [message #57560 is a reply to message #57551] Thu, 22 December 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, you now publically said what you think about "Group Build" and why you are there - arguing with Doug and trolling the forum.

Re: campy [message #57562 is a reply to message #57560] Thu, 22 December 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MQracing is currently offline  MQracing
Master
Damir:

I think your long standing friendship with another is clouding your judgement and ability to moderate the forum impartially and fairly.

Otherwise, I believe that your moribund forum just barely goes along and along... as you allow one other person to dominate it. For the last few months... how many projects? One? Followed by incessant shilling which you allow for just that one project.

Steve Eddy and I in just one day got more qaulity posts going in amps and preamps forum here than you've been able to generate in a month on the group build forum if you discount the almost constant spam and shill posts which you allow. Look at the moribund results... that tells you exactly what kind of forum your qaulity of leadership has wrought.

So I won't argue the details... and your the boss... I'll just note the lack of enthusiasm, participation and producitivity of your moderated forum which pales by comparison to other alternative venues.

msl

here's one "offending" post yanked down by Damir.... [message #57563 is a reply to message #57560] Thu, 22 December 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master

Who can find the troll lurking in the text below?

Damir... I think your judgement is out of skelter.

Posted by MQracing [ 141.151.13.134 ] on December 21, 2005 at 17:11:13:

In Reply to: an invitation posted by PakProtector on December 18, 2005 at 17:35:57:

Dugie wrote;

:::All the gap-free, butt stacked inductors I've measured...:::

a butt stacked transformer is one in which all of the E's are put in from one direction and all of the I's from another direction and then "butted" up against one another...

a butt stacked transformer does in fact have an air gap... if you look in Reubin Lee's book (3rd ed) on page 126... you will see that in the example shown a butt stack has an equivalent reluctance of a 5 mils airgap...

a butt stacked core assembly is, in fact, the opposite of a gap-free assembly... and is used explicitly for the purpose of introducing a "gap" ( i.e., a path of high reluctance) in the magnetic circuit.

msl

Re: campy [message #57564 is a reply to message #57562] Thu, 22 December 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

You don`t like "Group Build", don`t like Douglas and don`t like me. Fine, go right back where you came from, on your "better" forums and stop spamming and trolling "Group Build".
Your tactic is miserable and seen before, but this time you can`t force anyone to ban Douglas.
Your presence is not desirable on "Group Build" any more.
And, BTW - download yourself from "Tubes" forum my message "Introduction of PP Theory", you can learn a lot - last time when we saw clearly your behaviour, you claimed that output tube in A-class PP "see" Raa/4 impedance...what an expert...

Re: here's one "offending" post yanked down by Damir.... [message #57565 is a reply to message #57563] Thu, 22 December 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
From now on, all your messages will be removed from "Group Build". After many nice asking not to argue, not to spamming/trolling every message by Douglas (whom you called "daugie", "Dug", "Dugie", etc.), and many by me by several messages of yours - I started deleting the worst messages. You continued. Yor intentions are now clear. The answer was massive deletion.
Everyone who wants to contribute in "Merlin" project by Douglas is welcomed. Other intentions/messages will be removed.

your the boss.... [message #57566 is a reply to message #57565] Thu, 22 December 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
If you want to act in an arbitrary and capricious manner I suppose that I can't stop you. But for the record... would you kindly point out the troll in the following response which you have taken down not once but several times?

the poster in question wrote in his post;

"Or I could just ask the manufacturer...but most don't even post Cw numbers."

to which I simply ask in the posting title only;

***What is the Cw of the HTS-7457?***

that... being the entire content of my post...

and it too gets yanked down...

but before yanking it down the mod allows multiple personal attacks by the original poster... and I even sent a private email to Damir complaining about the personal attacks. To no avail. Instead he yanks down my post which simply asks the designer of the HTS-7457 what the Cw of his trans is... since the original poster expects other companies to publish this data I thought it more than fair to ask him to post this figure for his design.

Your a bit off base here Damir. And your friendship with Doug has clouded your objectivity.

And now you want to ban me for typos? Jeez louise. How many others will get the axe for typographical errors?

msl

Re: your the boss.... [message #57568 is a reply to message #57566] Thu, 22 December 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I am personally against all censorship but in this case Damir isn't censoring your posts; he is asking that you make the move to the Dungeon if you guys want to argue. He's a fair guy and I know deleting posts isn't something he likes to do. And in Wayne's defense there have been some pretty wild arguments here allowed to continue with impunity. I mean on the Dungeon.
Sort of like praying in school or praying in church type thing.

Re: your the boss.... [message #57569 is a reply to message #57566] Thu, 22 December 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The contest of your posts, your questions, even your "typos" have some goal. Is your goal building E-linear "Merlin" amp, designed by Douglas - or is it something else?
I tried to be fair and patient, but enough is enough - I warned you (and Doug, too) many times, privately or through the forum.
The purpose of "Group Build" is Tubes DIY COOPERATION, other messages will be deleted.

Re: campy [message #57570 is a reply to message #57564] Thu, 22 December 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Master
Damir:

This post clearly shows your capriciousness and your lack of objectivity.

"... but this time you can`t force anyone to ban Douglas."

I didn't get Doug banned from AA. Doug's posts got him banned. Over 250 posts that had been deleted and complaints from multiple persons to the board operator. His behaviour was described as stalking. And yes it did include a lot of MQ bashing. And yes I did complain about that.

Just as... on this forum and Group Build we had a long discussion about Doug's continuing use and abuse of our trademarks. After long discussions and us offering proof of our trademark interests and rights Wayne agreed that our letitimate interests would be honored. Yet you still allow Doug to use our trademarks freel and illictly. If I point out that he is misusing our trademark you pull down my post.

Your message above... now clearly shows that short of being an impartial and fair moderator... that you too harbor some grudges that apparently will not allow you to even honor the agreements that had been reached on this forum after long discussions.

"Your presence is not desirable on "Group Build" any more."

you claim that I am attacking Doug. I beg of you to put up (in complete context) proof of where I went on the attack against Doug.

And for quality of post and contributions... I would venture that I put up more substantive posts... well... why argue with anyone who shows the unfounded and unproven prejuidice you've displayed in yor text above.

::::And, BTW - download yourself from "Tubes" forum my message "Introduction of PP Theory", you can learn a lot - last time when we saw clearly your behaviour, you claimed that output tube in A-class PP "see" Raa/4 impedance...what an expert... ::::

What an absolute laugher. so you still have hurt feelings over the notion of primary impedances? And you've harbored these ill feelings for how long?

And if your findings are disputed by a host of other sources inclusding the RCA tube manual... then we should all bow to Sir Damir?

What's most telling is... when their is a technical dispute that is unresolvable... instead of everyone just agreeing to not agree on the technical matter at hand and recognizing that there are differing points or views or opinions... apparently... it's become a religious creed to you or some lithmus test.

Heck... we can even argue politics and social issues on the Dungeon and still not turn it into a personal vendetta or crusade against one another. Why can't you do the same on a technical disagreement?

Instead... talk about trolling and flaming... what does this historical (occurred many months ago in a different forum) issue of primary impedances have to do with anything going on in the ART forums at the present time? It's clearly extraneous... but shows your cavalier attitude toward moderating with an even and fair hand. And that you have some personal bias' which your now using your moderating authority to take out on your target.

I can see all that... good luck with your Dougie and Damir Group Build forum.

msl

Previous Topic: Dover PA Judge; Intelligent Design is,"Breathtaking Inanity."
Next Topic: statutory and common law regarding fair business practices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 23:51:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers