Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Republican Family Values
Re: Notes of a dirty old man [message #56265 is a reply to message #56264] Tue, 17 May 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Damir; your literary references are wasted on this rabble.
The best they can dream is to do Ann Coulter???
I want Leilei Sobieiskiiieee.
Pretty as a stump and twice as thick.
Ever notice Ann Coulter has very big hands?

Re: Notes of a dirty old man [message #56267 is a reply to message #56265] Tue, 17 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Never heard of these chicks, you guys visit pretty odd XXX pages
Try Google "Veronika Zemanova" next time...

"Not that it means anything" - A. Rimbaud

Re: Notes of a dirty old man [message #56268 is a reply to message #56267] Tue, 17 May 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Ann Coulter is a smug, harsh looking blond republican progaganda shill born into priveledge; with the mannerism of a harpy from the myth's of the ancient greeks.
Evidently some things never change.

I don't know how it is over there; but here women used to raise the kids and cook. Now they've become,"Pundits."
And people of mexican heritage clean the house. And the kids think thats their mom.

Re: Notes of a dirty old man [message #56269 is a reply to message #56265] Tue, 17 May 2005 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Some day I'm gonna tell ya'll about my Cheryl Crow (yeap, THAT Cheryl Crow) story: the one where her drees winds up beside my bed, with the wife's blessings......Colin

Re: Notes of a dirty old man [message #56270 is a reply to message #56268] Wed, 18 May 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Young Republican is currently offline  Young Republican
Chancellor
That's rich. You've described the hollywood lefties to a tee. Smug and harsh, born into privilege and completely out of touch. Take a look at the last democrat presidential canidate. You have to go back a long way before you'll find one that looks anything like a working man's canidate.

Re: Democrat Values [message #56271 is a reply to message #56245] Wed, 18 May 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Young Republican is currently offline  Young Republican
Chancellor
Michael Moore started this trend. Blatant lies told in the form of a documentary. It caught on with the dems big time. Look at Dan Rather. Look at Newsweek and its story about the Koran.

I see a pattern here. No story to tell? Make one up. Make up a story about Neal Horsley. Make up a story about Ann Coulter. Make up a story about Bush, make up a memorandum, make up this, make up that...

Let me tell you what, ladies and gents. This little game is part of a childrens tale. When you "cry wolf" enough times, when there's something real to bitch about no one will pay attention. From the looks of the news these days, it has already happened.

Good job, dems.

Re: Notes of a dirty old man [message #56272 is a reply to message #56270] Wed, 18 May 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree with you there. What a maroon; a goldfish should have been able to take bush. In that respect you are correct; spoiled brats spitting out lies and jive at each other. That don't change what I said about that witch though.
You can be wealthy and still have concern for the middle class and their possibilities.
Who's a workingman anymore anyway; we are all "private contractors", "associates" now, responsible for our own health care/retirement/job training etc. And the company offers...what? Slave wages? Great.
No problem with that providing they not take our tax revenue in the form of rebates/pollute the envirnement then leave it for us to clean up and pay for; withold vital medications in order to wring more profit out of them; run up huge deficits to pay for private wars of the wealthy, not to mention the dead... the list goes on.

Re: Notes of a dirty old man [message #56273 is a reply to message #56269] Wed, 18 May 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Colin; about time someone had a story worth hearing.

Re: Notes of a dirty old man [message #56274 is a reply to message #56273] Wed, 18 May 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Don`t you think that obsession with famous and rich "stars", desire for "dirty" details of their private lives, and public confession of some people, "I suck *** of ***" or so, is somewhat miserable?

Re: Notes of a dirty old man [message #56275 is a reply to message #56274] Wed, 18 May 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Somewhat miserable is putting it mildly; it's pathetic. Thats why the News Organisations focus on it. It is easily understood by the masses and provides simplistic,non-threatening topics for conversation. Reporting in depth on any subject requires tremendous resources in the form of reporters and fact checkers and then time to provide this information to the public. Time cost money, it's cheaper for the media to show a 30 sec. spot concerning some nit-wit pop star that catches the eye; then fade to endless money-making commercials; than it is to do an in depth report. Consequently people have been conditioned to react to only the simple loud and bright colored objects that require no thought and sell product.
See; here we try to embrace controversy in our culture while eliminating it in our conversation. That way the news becomes the story instead of the story being the news.
The concept that an adult should have an opinion on the important issues of the day is now forbidden except if you appear on the TV or run some kind of faux religous organisation.
The kind of personal involvement in political causes you have over there disappeared with the end of the Vietnam war here. So people watch and comment on stupidity. Thats why a guy who can barely spit out a coherent sentence can be elected to public office. People now distrust thinking and prefer to follow celebrities and their antics.

Remmeber also we have a much more diverse group of citizens here than you all do. The media needs to appeal to every type and group of person to be succesfull. It's hard to provide the relevant content in the context that will address every group and their cultural philosophies. Much easier to just show pretty pictures; and every one can relate to the foibles of human relationships like marriage and divorce.

Previous Topic: For "guitar lovers" from this forum :-)
Next Topic: Southeast Asia Tsunamis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 08:56:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout