Home » xyzzy » Tower » Bush Hates Elections
Thanks for the link [message #54999 is a reply to message #54998] Mon, 30 January 2006 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
Interesting. MLK as #1 on the left?. I think those bloggers are pretty left of left. Top 10 sure. Reminds me of the recent show of the 10 greatest americans on history channel where Ronald Reagan was #1. Skewed by a concerted campaign. But I kind of like that site. I'm always looking for right wing sites with less invective and better articles and argument. As an old debater you had to know and argue both sides.

There's a link there to a really interesting article. Starts out about the Middle East then rambles on to China. While I don't agree with many of the conclusions, his analysis is really interesting.

Re: Thanks for the link [message #55001 is a reply to message #54999] Mon, 30 January 2006 14:36 Go to previous message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
Leland,

I've been reading Ralph Peters' columns for years, but hadn't seen that one. Thanks. Very interesting.

On Top 10 (or Top 20) lists, I think they're unrealistic unless you exclude, say, the last 30 years or so. Reagan, Clinton are just too close (not that I'd include either). MLK's importance goes back some 40 years, so I'd say he can be considered. I've never made such a list, but he'd probably be in my top 20. Part of the problem is with the imprecision of the term "greatest". Does it mean most influential, or is there also a moral component? John Calhoun, Jefferson Davis and Eugene McCarthy profoundly affected the course of our nation's history, but I wouldn't consider them if "greatest" means most influential and admirable. Others in this category might include Alexander Hamilton and Andrew Jackson.

Previous Topic: Cost of The War on Terrorism
Next Topic: Some Things Never Change . . .
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 21:46:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio