Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi 2 Plans
Re: Crossover Question [message #53193 is a reply to message #53184] Sat, 07 February 2009 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steven Cone is currently offline  Steven Cone
Esquire
Thanks, again!

Do your kits include the crossover materials?

Re: Crossover Question [message #53194 is a reply to message #53193] Sat, 07 February 2009 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, kits include crossovers, assembled and ready-to-install.

Re: Crossover Question [message #53195 is a reply to message #53189] Sat, 07 February 2009 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
So as you say your circuit does not have the R2 resistor.
If you use one 10W R, as was said, or you think you need more power for some reason, say another application and you only have that wattage available, use 4 Resistors in series-parallel. Many manufacturers have 40W in their stock, but price goes up very fast, let's name only two (I am in Europe) MUNDORF and VITROHM. The other way (if you are afraid) of protection, is the use of a light bulb or a PTC in the xover (this may not be fast enough with the first being more common).

Re: Crossover Question [message #53196 is a reply to message #53192] Sat, 07 February 2009 14:06 Go to previous message
Steven Cone is currently offline  Steven Cone
Esquire
Thanks, again, to both of you. While I may run the speakers loud, I don't plan to hook them up to the wall outlet....

I was planning to build the Pi 4s, and had bought the JBL 2226H drivers. Due to changes in funding (recession, etc.), I may try to sell those drivers and build the Pi 2s.

Previous Topic: Erse caps, attenuation circuits.
Next Topic: Covers for drivers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:47:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout