Home » Audio » Pro Sound » mid level rentals
mid level rentals [message #27673] Thu, 26 February 2004 03:35 Go to next message
marv is currently offline  marv
Esquire
hi, great site. i plan to set up a small rental operation that sets up for parties and bands. i'm thinking 200 people maybe as many as 400 or thereabouts. what do you think, 5000 watts, 10000 watts? for parties a cd changer is good but for bands, ill need a mixer and some mics. speaks should be 18's, 15's and tops. this is what im thinking but its just my own thoughts and im looking for suggestions please. i want really good stuff, great sound.

Re: mid level rentals [message #27674 is a reply to message #27673] Thu, 26 February 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
To general of a question, how much power you need is going to depend on the type of speaker system your going to run, what types of music your going to be doing, acoustical enviroments(indoors or out), most common type A/C power availiblity etc. etc. Maybe list some equipment you've been looking at then we'll give a IMHO anser.

Bill W.

Re: mid level rentals [message #27675 is a reply to message #27674] Fri, 27 February 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
i want to setup rooms like 100 x 100 or so, mostly current rock stuff like that. all indoors no outdoors. yet. all rental gigs, bands, parties and dances. there is interest and i think i can pull it off. most bars and places have standard power, no special plugs. i need to be able to keep my gear in my storage room and take it to dances, clubs, parties for jobs. setup/teardown should be 1man job or at most 2. looking for good stuff, ideas, prices. quality is very important. room size not too big. 200 to 400 people at most.

Re: mid level rentals [message #27676 is a reply to message #27675] Fri, 27 February 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here some ideas, you can get everything in 1 rack and still be able to move it by yourself and run it off 20amps.

Allen&Heath-mixwizz mixer
dbx 2231 graphic EQ's
QSC RMX or PLX amplifiers
Denon, Marantz, Teac for CD,Cassette etc.etc. players

Check out Yorkville, Community or Yamaha Club Series Speakers (Best bang for the buck).
EV Qrx or T series speakers
NEXO speakers PS-15,PS-10 w/processor(Very good and the price reflects it)

Shure,Sennheiser, or Audix mics.
if bi-amping dbx driverack PA.

Just some ideas to get you started all of these are pretty high quality brands.

Bill W.

Re: mid level rentals [message #27677 is a reply to message #27676] Sat, 28 February 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
thanks, thats very helpful to me. one more question, i can point the tops to cover the room but how do i point the subs? i know they go everywhere but some rooms have dead spots. some say this is from where they are put and not where they are pointed at. if i tear down and setup new every night, how do i know where to put the speaks in each new place?

Re: mid level rentals [message #27678 is a reply to message #27677] Mon, 01 March 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If possible try to keep the subs together when running under 100Hz. The dead spots your referring to is frequency cancellation when the subs are a certain distance apart. Some frequencies will add some will cancel, if the subs are seperated by greater than 1/2 wavelength.

Bill W.

Re: mid level rentals [message #27679 is a reply to message #27678] Tue, 02 March 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
thanks for all your help and advice. sounds reasonable. i'll keep the subs together instead of each side the stage or in a row along the floor. sometimes the tops will be on each side, but that's ok isn't it? subs together on the floor, tops on each side maybe 10 or 20 feet apart. that's ok isn't it? what would you do with a 20 foot wide stage and a 50 foot wide room?

Re: mid level rentals [message #27680 is a reply to message #27679] Tue, 02 March 2004 08:50 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sounds good marv put the subs in a row in front of the stage and the tops on the sides of the stage and you'll be ready to rock.

Bill W.

Previous Topic: Karlson Kabs
Next Topic: Re: MAG12 - Preliminary Announcement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 09 00:35:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers