Home » Audio » Speaker » Newform R30 / Scan 8545 array
Newform R30 / Scan 8545 array [message #23428] Tue, 06 February 2007 20:42 Go to next message
Stephen Narayan is currently offline  Stephen Narayan
Esquire
Change in plans, I will be using a Cyrus III integrated amp and a Cyrus Power amp, this gives me 4 channels of 70Wrms into 4 Ohms which is what a 66"-72" 6 driver per side array with 2 R30's per side would give me...

Any thoughts on this amplifier setup to go with my DCX2496?

Also recently I've been having a hum issue with the Behringer which is feeding my Logans (biamp) and my subs. The sound only comes through the sub channels. I'm not quite sure if it's the XLR cable's at this point, the connectors or internal in the processor on those channels. Anyone ever come across this?

I've been looking at other digital crossovers but I can't cost justify the expense of the DEQx yet. Though it looks lovely in black

Re: Newform R30 / Scan 8545 array [message #23431 is a reply to message #23428] Wed, 07 February 2007 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric is currently offline  Eric
Baron
Have you checked the ground on the XLR's. I had low level noise issues with my cables runing past my tube preamp. I still don't know why.

Re: Newform R30 / Scan 8545 array [message #23435 is a reply to message #23431] Thu, 08 February 2007 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Are you running a balanced signal out from the x-over to a balanced input on the amplifier, this will help because the CMRR of the differential input will cancel out any noise. Go to Rane's website look under the white papers section, it also will tell you how to go from a balanced output to single ended input if your running that way.

Re: Newform R30 / Scan 8545 array [message #23448 is a reply to message #23435] Fri, 16 February 2007 15:24 Go to previous message
Stephen Narayan is currently offline  Stephen Narayan
Esquire
I was going single ended to balanced using a DIY conversion cable to input to the behringer from the preamp. Out from the Behringer I again made some DIY balanced to unbalanced cables to feed the power amps.

Previous Topic: Art arrays are done
Next Topic: Ciare TW 1.8 horn tweeter from US Speaker?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 10:39:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio