Home » Audio » Home Theater » Need help with choosing 5.1ch speakers for Home-theater
Need help with choosing 5.1ch speakers for Home-theater [message #94259] Tue, 17 August 2021 08:21 Go to next message
jjmillerot is currently offline  jjmillerot
Esquire
Dear AudioRoundTable forum members/moderators:

I'm looking for help choosing the correct model of Genelec speakers/subwoofers for my home theater:

Room dimensions: Living/Dining hall: 25' x 18' open to a Foyer: 9' x 12' with Ceiling height 10'. Flooring is a polished marble, Untreated cement plaster ceiling/walls. Note that the home theater area will not be the entire Living/Dining hall and be restricted to about 15' x 18' of the hall [refer layout attached].

I do not plan on playing it with blow me off my seats loudness (except maybe when the wife is away) but just a set that is accurate/transparent for home-theater usage (about 80% movies, 20% music). All videos (avi, mp4, mpg, MKV, divx etc) and music (mp3) files are on hard-disk and will be played from a home-theater PC. [May Need sound card recommendations with RCA/XLR jacks depending on speakers recommended].

I have reviewed the following models and can't seem to decide which will work best for the above area:
6010B/G One
8020C/G Two
8030B/G Three
8040B/G Four
8050B

Subwoofers:
5040B/F One
F Two
7050B
7060B

Please recommend the minimum, the optimum, and the maximum system I should consider.

I have the following additional questions:
1. could you pl. confirm if 8020/G2, 8030/G3, 8040/G4 are available in white?
2. Is the price of the white model slightly lower than the corresponding black model?
3. Are there sub-woofer makes that pair well with and are as good as Genelec. If so I could save a lot on the shipping and buy a used sub locally.
4. I delved deeper into my search for a Genelec home theater because a friend recommended it to me. And only now I understand that there are other manufacturers. Maybe you have some other more interesting suggestions. I am always glad for new information.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2807&private=0
Re: Need help with choosing 5.1ch speakers for Home-theater [message #94273 is a reply to message #94259] Thu, 19 August 2021 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jjmillerot is currently offline  jjmillerot
Esquire
I have found several sites that have found home theaters. Please look at them and tell me which one is better? Maybe you know something about them?
https://homecinemaclub.org/best-home-theater-system-under-500
https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/best-home-theater-systems/
https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-home-theatre-speaker-systems
Re: Need help with choosing 5.1ch speakers for Home-theater [message #94309 is a reply to message #94273] Fri, 27 August 2021 10:58 Go to previous message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I have always thought of the Genelec brand as being a staple of the professional industry, so I'm not familiar with their home theater system equipment. I'm sure it's superb, as the brand has a stellar rep.
Previous Topic: OLED TVs
Next Topic: Smart TV minus the adware
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 22 09:33:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout