Home » xyzzy » Tower » Long Periods Of No Music
Long Periods Of No Music [message #83125] Fri, 29 July 2016 03:46 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Have you ever gotten burned out from listening to music? Was there ever a period of a few months or so when you just kept it off?
Re: Long Periods Of No Music [message #83127 is a reply to message #83125] Fri, 29 July 2016 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
I do not stop listening to music at low volume levels for very long.
I may skip a month or even two from time to time, over the years.

I do grow tired of rocking out with loud music, if I do it too often, with the obviuos result being listening fatigue.
Re: Long Periods Of No Music [message #83128 is a reply to message #83125] Fri, 29 July 2016 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
I can't just cut music from my life like that. I may get bored listening to the same songs after a while, but when that happens, I usually search for new songs or artists to check out instead of avoiding music. A day without music feels too bland for me.
Re: Long Periods Of No Music [message #83130 is a reply to message #83125] Fri, 29 July 2016 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Azuri wrote on Fri, 29 July 2016 03:46
Was there ever a period of a few months or so when you just kept it off?

Does a fish leave the water for a few months Azuri? What you're suggesting is simply unnatural behavior for an audiophile. Laughing

There does come a time when even James Taylor seems like too much "movement in the air" and I have to switch over to talk radio for awhile. It's calming, unless it's political.
Re: Long Periods Of No Music [message #83159 is a reply to message #83125] Mon, 01 August 2016 01:52 Go to previous message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I cannot do without music, ever. The longest I have ever been off music was a week and it was because I had other engagements in a land far away. What I cannot do is listen to music while performing other tasks.
Previous Topic: Jason Bourne
Next Topic: Using your phone as a microphone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 18:17:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout