Home » xyzzy » Tower » Getting scratches out of CDs
Getting scratches out of CDs [message #82054] Fri, 19 February 2016 07:36 Go to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
Is there any way to fix deep scratches in CDs? I have a lot of music that I have had for over twenty years now and they are getting really worn out. I really hate to replace them all. That might get expensive.
Re: Getting scratches out of CDs [message #82056 is a reply to message #82054] Sat, 20 February 2016 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Finn wrote on Fri, 19 February 2016 07:36
Is there any way to fix deep scratches in CDs? I have a lot of music that I have had for over twenty years now and they are getting really worn out. I really hate to replace them all. That might get expensive.

Depends on how bad the scratches are. I know that's not the straight answer you're looking for but some probably won't be repairable. Try a repair kit or even rubbing a banana on the scratched side. Never tried the banana trick personally but I've heard it works.
Re: Getting scratches out of CDs [message #82061 is a reply to message #82054] Sat, 20 February 2016 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Finn wrote on Fri, 19 February 2016 07:36

It probably would get expensive to replace a lot of CDs. I would try a repair kit like timron suggested and if that doesn't work, you might want to consider a streaming membership rather than individually replacing all of those CDs.
Re: Getting scratches out of CDs [message #82067 is a reply to message #82061] Sun, 21 February 2016 06:33 Go to previous message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
I subscribe to a streaming service and burn my own Cds for personal use. I have different mixed Cds for parties or a particular mood that I might be in. Sometimes I want slow and easy and sometimes I am more into the upbeat stuff.
Previous Topic: Nicaragua volcano
Next Topic: On The Same Wavelength
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 19:12:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout