Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater vs. Stage vs. Premium vs. Audiophile vs. Pro
OptiMOS [message #46441 is a reply to message #46433] Fri, 04 March 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
How did you find the service of Brad at Wilson Consulting. I was ready to buy into the OptiMOS last Nov, even though it was a little more than I wanted to spend. Traded a couple of emails with Randy who was great. Very helpful with information and fast to respond. He directed me to Wilson Consulting, but I found Brad frustrating. I had to keep sending him reminders to answer my email. And I was only asking very basic questions, like what boards are available and pricing. Finally, I got fed up and moved to another option. He never did get back to me with pricing information.

Gar.

Re: OptiMOS [message #46442 is a reply to message #46441] Fri, 04 March 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spinjack is currently offline  Spinjack
Viscount
Actually, I've never had to deal with Wilson Consulting. I worked entirely through Randy. But that's probably because its been a year since I started on the things and I still haven't finished them (mainly for lack of the output inductors and a autotransformer to bring the voltage up slowly for the first test).

Its a shame to read that Randy has pawned off his tech support to someone else. I know he licensed the rights to the design to Zus, but hadn't heard about Wilson.

Re: OptiMOS [message #46443 is a reply to message #46442] Fri, 04 March 2005 14:55 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well, if you can get a hold of Brad Wilson, he has Randy Slone's power amp auxillary board available as a kit, which includes a soft-start circuit. No idea what it costs.

Previous Topic: seven pi
Next Topic: Need crossover advice for this tweeter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 10:39:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout