Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Finally... 2 Pi arrived!!!
Re: some ideas for finishing, if needed [message #39931 is a reply to message #39930] Fri, 17 January 2003 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master

Ah the paste dilemma. That's a subject only out done in subjectivity by wood finish's and audio components themselves! I currently use Johnson's after all my lacquer jobs and have no complaints. Behlans, Butchers and Minwax are probably good products also. High carnauba professional automotive like Yellow Wax or Mothers is also around.

Well then, your off to some fun. keep things clean, take your time and be meticulous.

Bill

Re: some ideas for finishing, if needed [message #39932 is a reply to message #39931] Fri, 17 January 2003 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuan is currently offline  Tuan
Chancellor

fantastic Bill.

Thank you,

Tuan

Hey Tuan!! Wire is wire, and wax is wax!! [message #39934 is a reply to message #39912] Fri, 17 January 2003 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Use Johnson's Paste Wax, it's easier and is great. And if you have any money left over from the speakers, buy stock in S.C. Johnson. You won't believe how many household name products they invented, how many market segments they created and how well everything they make works.

i'm not going to the home depot seminar tomorrow............. [message #39935 is a reply to message #39934] Fri, 17 January 2003 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
because till & bmar let me do it in the comfort of my home on a friday night? hey pro's, what is your opinion of lemon oil on cabinets? i took a pair of ess amt1's on trade and the walnut veneer was very dry. a couple of coats of lemon oil restored the richness to the wood but 2 months later they are dry again. suggestions?

cheers,

george

Re: A word about break-in and room treatments [message #39936 is a reply to message #39920] Fri, 17 January 2003 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Thanks for that, JW. Been wanting to hear about the panels. Now I'll have to build them. I have the R-13 rolls in the corner still in their plastic. No WAF, no wife at all!!
Re: i'm not going to the home depot seminar tomorrow............. [message #39939 is a reply to message #39935] Fri, 17 January 2003 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
hahaha..... I consider lemon oil and oil soaps to be like glazing compound is for used car guys. you HAVE to sell before the wind blows it away.

If its an oil finish. Life is simple. get some Watco or tung and consider it rejuvinated. for a hard finish, I dont know. maybe a wipe on poly but you have to get all the old wax, dirt and oil off.
Till, you ever go over anything with wipe on's? I dont use the stuff.

how about mineral oil? [message #39941 is a reply to message #39939] Fri, 17 January 2003 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
i oil my butcher block cutting board twice a year with it. it holds up well to numerous washings in the sink. i soak the cutting board with oil and overnite the wood absorbs it. lasts about 6 months.i have a teak salad bowl that i never wash, only wipe. all that extra virgin olive oil has developed a nice patina. did you know totem loudspeakers finish the inside of their cabinets? supposed to sound better. the tweaks haven't pitched cabinet material yet, expect to see "monster brand" or "cardas" mdf at home depot soon. shit, audiophile carpet could be next. i'm with till, wire is wire as long as it's thick.

george

Go for it! [message #39944 is a reply to message #39936] Sat, 18 January 2003 07:38 Go to previous message
Jabberwock is currently offline  Jabberwock
Chancellor
Last night I moved the two panels from the side walls to the back wall of my listening room. Wowie! Looks like I'm gonna have to build at least two more. The effect of the panels on the back wall is astounding. The imaging moved back several feet and grew two feet higher, but shrunk width-wise without side panels.
Previous Topic: Hey Speakerman........
Next Topic: Wayne and crossover guys; a little help?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 09:37:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio