Home » Audio » Speaker » Smallest Enclosure for DCA 55
Re: Ok: BAsic BR box for DCA 5.5 (pretty detailed instructions) [message #21913 is a reply to message #21910] Thu, 08 November 2007 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Ok jay. Do shhare your experiences after it is built!
Akhilesh

Re: Ok: BAsic BR box for DCA 5.5 (pretty detailed instructions) [message #21932 is a reply to message #21913] Wed, 14 November 2007 18:04 Go to previous message
DrD is currently offline  DrD
Chancellor
I would think the equivalent size pre made Parts Express cabinet tried first, sealed them perhaps ported would be great. If you can high pass the 5.5, and roll in your sub, I would doubt you could go wrong. Relieved of bass duty, there will thus be no IM dist. on the cone getting into the mids, so from this standpoint, it is ideal. Beyond this, the BIB with the 5.5l which is an outstanding DIA. choice for a wideband driver, ...does incredibly well. They can really slam hard, with some good current. The Pass amps would be good with these. Those are my favourite sand amp boat anchors. My top non tube choice would be the Red Wine Audio Signature stuff. The 5.5 do okay with 5 watts Push Pull as well. Very okay, very benign impedance modulus.

Previous Topic: 94 db speaker
Next Topic: Gallos versus DCA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 13:16:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout